Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4

Default iPhone 4
    Help,my friend has got an iPhone 4,5.1.1 (9b208)jail broken with rocky raccoon,baseband 04.12.01,model number mc605fd . The phone only boots up when connected to iTunes but shows no service,he's tried Sam but no joy,is there any way of re-jail braking and unlocking,any help appreciated,thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 15,545 Times in 7,107 Posts

You can save your 5.1.1 shsh with ifaith and create a custom 5.1.1 with those shsh built in to restore to 5.1.1. Then rejailbreak with redsnow.
    Only way to unlock that though is to first find out what carrier it is locked to.

Thanks for the reply,it's from Switzerland and we are in uk,it's starts up when connected to iTunes so is this a tethered jb,just wondered if there was a way of activating it,it's already got Cydia on,he's tried Sam but still no service,it's been a while since I jb my 3GS so don't want to naff his phone up !

Thanks
    Thanked 15,545 Times in 7,107 Posts

A tethered jailbreak is when you need to run a jailbreak tool like redsnow to boot it up again, not iTunes. The SAM method of unlocking does not work anymore. Only way to get that unlocked would be to get it officially unlocked. To do that you can call the carrier it is locked to and see if they will do it or try a site like this: OfficialiPhoneUnlock.co.uk - Official iPhone Unlock Prices

He has paid for an unlock from this site but hasn't received an email as yet,how long does it usually take ?