Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Unlocking / Activationforums, a part of the
I have a 3GS that was updated to IOS 6.0.1 and now cannot make calls. It can receive calls and I can send and receive SMS. All other features work...
01-02-2013, 08:55 AM #13GS Updated to 6.0.1 cannot make calls (can receive calls)
I have a 3GS that was updated to IOS 6.0.1 and now cannot make calls. It can receive calls and I can send and receive SMS. All other features work fine including data. 3-5 serial number is 940.
Background: the phone was jailbroken and untethered on 4.1 and working fine.
1. I purchased an IMEI unlock (and iTunes confirmed Unlocked as does Redsn0w Info readout).
2. Updated to 6.0.1, and the baseband updated to 6.15.0 and I could not complete activation (stuck at the activation server not available notice).
3. Used Redsn0w 15b3 to downgrade baseband to 5.16.07 and did a full restore using iTunes.
4. Phone opened with the activation screen. Completed activation OK, and now could now see Tmobile.
5. Tried to make a call ... no success, tried receiving a call, works fine. Tested SMS: fine in both directions.
6. Tried Reset Network settings ...
7. Tried Erase All Content + iTunes restore ...
8. Tried Airplane mode on off ..
9. Tried timezone auto and manual ...
10. Turned off all Do Not disturb features ...
11. Tried Cellular Data & 3G on and off ...
12. Drove to local church and asked for divine intervention ..
EDIT: 13. Just tried another SIM from a working phone. Phone recognized the new number ... still no outgoing calls.
Still cannot make calls. Any suggestions would be welcome! ATG
(I've attached the Redsn0w status message just in case it helps)
Last edited by atgordon; 01-02-2013 at 09:51 AM.
01-02-2013, 05:57 PM #2
Try fresh restore with Itunes and setup as new phone, don't set from backup.
01-02-2013, 09:07 PM #3
I now have the phone working again ... I saw a Youtube post that mentioned using SBSettings to force caller ID on, so installed Cydia and loaded SBsettings (which reported that it wasn't compabile with IOS 6, but it did install). It showed that the caller ID was disabled (even though it was showing enabled in the Settings>Phone section). Set callerID on using SBsettings, and the phone works ... really weird!