Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 - BAD ESN Sprint Unlock Question

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 5 - BAD ESN Sprint Unlock Question
    Hello, i was wondering if its possible to have my iPhone 5 sprint with bad esn unlocked to a GSM network. Will it be possible?

Green Apple
    Thanks

not possible. the only way is board exchange.

Default unlocking ban esn is possible for a limited time
    you can unlock the new iphone 5 and other iphones or sim slot card phones for a limited time. You unlock with a GEVEY Ultra S sim card + downloaded software. There are plenty of youtube and dailymotion vids showing how. Cost is about $20-$40. However you will only be able to use on GSM carriers ie AT&T, T-mobile, and straight talk. And Flashing your phone is a scam, CSMA carriers ie Verizon, Sprint, Boost, and Virgin no longer take non origin phones if they are not factory unlocked. The down side to unlocking to GSM carriers is sometimes the MMS messaging does not work on self unlocked phones. However there are apps for that! which allow for free MMS. Upside you can get a cheap iphone 5 at a fraction of price of new unlocked and can take to say straight talk for $45-$40 per month depending on up front payments. Down side is buying bad esn or bad MEID number will be a thing of the past. The nationally agreed inter-carrier data base will be completely operational soon (death star flash back!). This data base will share phone Id's across carriers rendering stolen, lost, or broken contract phones useless across all carriers. However probably within the next year all carriers will be switching to non subsidized phones, charging customers full price for new phones. This is actually good for the carriers will spend less money and time on tacking down broken contracted phones, meaning no hassle and no worry when buying a used phone for all will be unlocked, and stolen phones will be registered. Second, prices will come down for no one is going to spend $800+ for a phone that will be obsolete in 1-2 years at best. And carriers will finally be forced onto a single carrier system much like in Europe, further bringing down plan costs. So if you must have a new phone and can't wait another year, but don't have the cash; a bad ID phone is a good cheap temporary fix. I bought from craigslist an iphone 5 16gb with bad verizon esn ( verison has unlocked sim card slot) for $250 + $20 GEVEY Ultra S sim card + $15 straight talk sim card= saved $$$$. plus savings of $55+ per month for an unlimited plan over even the cheapest 4g plan in my area. But this will only last until the new data base is operational in my area. But by next thanksgiving the new iphone will be out and be cheaper, faster, and all around better. And the savings I have made from being on straight talk rather than the thief contract carriers will more than pay for the new phone ( $1400 over 2 years). Hope my ramblings helped...

Quote Originally Posted by R.Mortera View Post
    Hello, i was wondering if its possible to have my iPhone 5 sprint with bad esn unlocked to a GSM network. Will it be possible?
    Yes it is possible to factory unlock an iphone 5 with a bad esn. The downside is that it will only work internationally with foreign carriers, you will not be able to use it with att, tmobile or any usa carriers. The other downside is that it is really expensive to unlock a sprint iphone with a bad esn. Some people are charging upwards of $150 for this.

If your iphone had a good esn with an active sprint account in good standing it would be as simple as calling sprint and telling them you are going to travel outside the country if they can unlock it for your, it would still only work for internation use.

What's Jailbreak?
    ConcepciĆ³n de La Vega, Dominican Republic
    Thanks

Default You wrote a great post, help me out here
    I“m dispatched overseas and ive been looking at Sprint Iphone 5s with bad esn, ive read that you CAN unlock its GSM with turbo sims and whatnot, i have my purchase pending, is this something that can be done? the verizon iphone 5 you mentioned is unlock GSM so its different from the Sprint one

Quote Originally Posted by xamots80 View Post
    you can unlock the new iphone 5 and other iphones or sim slot card phones for a limited time. You unlock with a GEVEY Ultra S sim card + downloaded software. There are plenty of youtube and dailymotion vids showing how. Cost is about $20-$40. However you will only be able to use on GSM carriers ie AT&T, T-mobile, and straight talk. And Flashing your phone is a scam, CSMA carriers ie Verizon, Sprint, Boost, and Virgin no longer take non origin phones if they are not factory unlocked. The down side to unlocking to GSM carriers is sometimes the MMS messaging does not work on self unlocked phones. However there are apps for that! which allow for free MMS. Upside you can get a cheap iphone 5 at a fraction of price of new unlocked and can take to say straight talk for $45-$40 per month depending on up front payments. Down side is buying bad esn or bad MEID number will be a thing of the past. The nationally agreed inter-carrier data base will be completely operational soon (death star flash back!). This data base will share phone Id's across carriers rendering stolen, lost, or broken contract phones useless across all carriers. However probably within the next year all carriers will be switching to non subsidized phones, charging customers full price for new phones. This is actually good for the carriers will spend less money and time on tacking down broken contracted phones, meaning no hassle and no worry when buying a used phone for all will be unlocked, and stolen phones will be registered. Second, prices will come down for no one is going to spend $800+ for a phone that will be obsolete in 1-2 years at best. And carriers will finally be forced onto a single carrier system much like in Europe, further bringing down plan costs. So if you must have a new phone and can't wait another year, but don't have the cash; a bad ID phone is a good cheap temporary fix. I bought from craigslist an iphone 5 16gb with bad verizon esn ( verison has unlocked sim card slot) for $250 + $20 GEVEY Ultra S sim card + $15 straight talk sim card= saved $$$$. plus savings of $55+ per month for an unlimited plan over even the cheapest 4g plan in my area. But this will only last until the new data base is operational in my area. But by next thanksgiving the new iphone will be out and be cheaper, faster, and all around better. And the savings I have made from being on straight talk rather than the thief contract carriers will more than pay for the new phone ( $1400 over 2 years). Hope my ramblings helped...

Sprint iphone's have different setups, where sim cards are locked. So if possible look for a bad esn or bad Id's from verizon, virgin, boost, other. Many carriers now offer Iphones direct ending the flashing nightmare. But Sprint has some strange agreement where their phones are sim card locked. Best look for a bad verizon esn or better a no contract used straight talk. Saw on craigslist Denver a straight talk 1 month old for $350, is $300 cheaper that factory $650