+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock or Locked iPhone 5 Blacklisted or not totally confused ?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Makes total sense what you said. But most places wont tell you or are not well informed. So its a hit and miss. I always got my money back if
    Thanks

Makes total sense what you said.

But most places wont tell you or are not well informed. So its a hit and miss. I always got my money back if they cant do it.

I made my own conclusions that there are more than one servers.
    In my case my phone is on apple server locked to AT&T.
    What the cheap unlock guys mainly do is unlock AT&T Server bound phones,
    which cost them nothing since they have someone on the AT&T server end or an account to do so.

You are only 1 out of three that claim to be able to unlock AT&T from Apple server

Here comes nothing =)
    Let's see if you guys can crack this annoyance of a phone =)
    Just placed an order hope all goes well.

Please remember the phone is Clean no Black list.
    Fresh from warranty.

-Germanese
    iPhone 4 Unlocked on T-Mobile | Motorola Verizon Razr M on T-Mobile | iPhone 5 Confused

Thanks

Waiting for unlock O.o

It changed from pending to ON-Hold ...
    Is that a bad thing ?

I don't wanna bug ya'll yet since its has not been 24h
    But just curious. Thanks...
    iPhone 4 Unlocked on T-Mobile | Motorola Verizon Razr M on T-Mobile | iPhone 5 Confused

Thanks

Domtah your company was not able to unlock =(
    Says something about not on AT&T server as the other companies.
    And then it says something about Apple registered ? <---How I do this part ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Germanese View Post
    Okay long story short.
    I got this phone from a Car Club Member. It is supposed to be clean and not blacklisted.
    He was using it with a AT&T sim card for about 4 weeks before me and my girl got it.

We trying to get it unlocked to use with T-Mobile.

1st Unlocker claims the code as been listed and its unlocked. But nothing...
    2nd Unlocker claims the same but still nothing, when i confront them he now claims its black listed and can be only used internationally.
    3rd 2x IMEI checker = 1. Clear the 2. Comes back as unknown or no information

Okay so I am now confused wth is going on.

From what I understand now is. The phone is Blacklisted but unlocked and can be used internationally ? WTF ?

Questions:
    IMEI unlock means it can be used with any one ... no ?
    If its blacklisted, its should be disabled for AT&T users only or Blacklist is entire US ?
    Blacklist means: Didn't pay bill or stolen or involved in a crime ?
    Can a phone be blacklisted at&t and unlocked at the same time, which it should be working any carrier except AT&T ?

Symptoms:
    I can activate the phone with a dead AT&T sim.
    It Locks and forces me to Re-Activate when inserting T-Mobile and then says Invalid Sim.
    If i put the dead AT&T sim back in,... its back activated ...

AT&T wouldn't tell me if it is Blacklisted unless i am AT&T Customer
    Non of my friends are AT&T, we all T-Mobile or Verizon
    The doode is on a prepaid and is barely returning our call though he still does once in a while.

At the moment I have these things to test:
    T-Mobile Active Sim
    AT&T Dead Sim
    T-Mobile Dead Sim

ePlus Dead Sim inbound from my Cousin

I am just trying to figure things out ...

Me and my girl got sick of this cat and mouse game we now running Verizon Razr M on T-mobile.
    But i am still trying to understand this annoying fiasco with this unlock lock blacklist crap...

OK so I deal alot with iPhones as I do factory unlocks myself so I will try my best to give you a solution or the possible reason your iPhone might not work. First off you need to check the simlock status of your iPhone, all the simlock checkers out on the web right now are not giving an accurate reading for the iPhone 5 becuase their servers have not been uploaded. If your iPhone 5 is really unlocked it will still say locked or server down or unknown. I will make a new thread on where to get an accurate iphone 5 sim lock checker.

You might be getting a little confused on what activation means or what an activated iphone is. All it means is basically if your iphone is at the home screen its activated even if it no longer has an att sim card in there. when you restore the phone thru the phone its self you will get to an activation screen when the phone is back on, in order to bypass this activation screen you just need an att sim card, it doesnt matter wether the sim card has service on it or not, it will get you to the home screen.

So if your at the home screen your phone is activated. So now you say you had your iphone unlocked, your instructions to complete the unlock on your side would be to connect the iphone to itunes on your computer and restore it thru the computer, once restoration finishes your iphone is unlocked, you then just insert your tmobile sim card and wait for service.

If it does not pick up service it could mean that your iphone is blacklisted by att, it could really be unlocked and still blacklisted. Back in july att teamed up with tmobile to start doing what sprint and verizon do with blacklist phones, they share a blacklisted network to where you cant use these phones on each others network, this is only nationwide. Meaning your iphone could be blacklisted and used with international carriers. For a while up untill this last month blacklisted unlocked iphones where still working on tmobile, I say until now because I just came across a blacklisted iphone 5 myself that I unlocked to be used on tmobile and it did not work, my understanding is that att just started doing this although they announced it back in july.

You need to check whether your iPhone is really an att iPhone and its att sim lock status with an accurate checker. Simple and free to check, pm me or I will start a new thread accurate att simlock checker for iphone 5.

By what you are saying I really think your iphone is blacklisted, there is a $3.50 to actually verify this.

or it could have been becuase the person who unlocked it for you didnt verify it was unlocked after processing it, sometimes they have to reprocess them if they get bounced back.

or it could be a hardware problem.

Last year att started offering insurance on their iPhones, so now alot people sell there iphones wait a couple weeks then call and report them lost or stolen, att then blacklists that phone and sends them a new one, its an easy scam they are doing now. Its kinda risky buying a used iPhone now.

If your Iphone is blacklisted and it is unlocked you can always make your money back, your iphone will work internationally and their are many people paying top dollar to get there hands on an unlocked international iphone.

To check whether your iphone is really unlocked without using a simlock checker follow these steps......
    1. Get to the home screen on your iphone and take out whatever sim card it has in it if it has one.
    2. Go to settings and restore it, erase all settings and data.
    3. Once at the activation screen, instert your tmobile sim card and connect it to wifi and follow thru the steps.

If you get to the home screen with the tmobile sim card it means your iphone is infact unlocked, if you get a message saying invalid sim, it means your iphone is not unlocked.
    Last edited by Icircuit; 01-14-2013 at 08:15 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default U can alwayz take it to apple
    U can alwayz take it to apple to get another iphone 5 since you still got warranty for it. just bugg it some how. like stuck the volume key or super glue somewhere on the sync wire so it wont charge. Or find a pro to mess with your iphone if you're not sure how to do it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Take it to the apple store that's what I did with my 4s. It was locked to AT&T had it unlocked I put a tmobille sim in and nothing but if I use AT&T sim it works. I took my phone to apple store told them its factory unlocked and when I updated to ios 6.1 it started saying no service. He said no problem well get u a new unlocked iPhone 4s. He said most likely when I updated to ios 6.1 it may have fried the sim reader but I didn't say it was working with AT&T. So I got the new phone it works and I'm happy now hope this helps you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jabbacks's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi guys, sorry to resurrect this old post but I have the same exact problem but on iPhone 4.

Has anybody come up with a solution?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi All,

Does anybody know any trusted source where I can check if the iPhone unlocked or Locked?
    I checked my IMEI on 3 different websites:
    1) iPhoneIMEI.info :: Free iPhone Unlock Checker (until yesterday was showing Locked, now Unlocked) ,
    2) Check IMEI - IMEI.info (shows as Locked)
    3) Free iPhone 5, 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G Unlock Check by IMEI - iphoneimei.org (shows as Server is down).

Can't check it by inserting SIM (don't have any sim neither T-Mo nor AT&T) and also I'm using iPhone 4 Verizon right now.

Please help.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 7,004 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bahay View Post
    Hi All,

Does anybody know any trusted source where I can check if the iPhone unlocked or Locked?
    I checked my IMEI on 3 different websites:
    1) iPhoneIMEI.info :: Free iPhone Unlock Checker (until yesterday was showing Locked, now Unlocked) ,
    2) Check IMEI - IMEI.info (shows as Locked)
    3) Free iPhone 5, 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G Unlock Check by IMEI - iphoneimei.org (shows as Server is down).

Can't check it by inserting SIM (don't have any sim neither T-Mo nor AT&T) and also I'm using iPhone 4 Verizon right now.

Please help.
    I use the first one you listed most of the time, it is usually pretty accurate. I have also used the second one there in the past.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Bahay (10-30-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I use the first one you listed most of the time, it is usually pretty accurate. I have also used the second one there in the past.
    Thanks Simon,

Will update later today with status.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok. Here is an update.
    Got active sim card for test (Simple Mobile). Did Reset Network Settings with sim card, but it didn't passed Activation step. Even after connecting to iTunes and Resetting Network Setting it didn't work.
    So, I assume that iPhoneIMEI.info :: Free iPhone Unlock Checker is not accurate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bahay View Post
    Ok. Here is an update.
    Got active sim card for test (Simple Mobile). Did Reset Network Settings with sim card, but it didn't passed Activation step. Even after connecting to iTunes and Resetting Network Setting it didn't work.
    So, I assume that iPhoneIMEI.info :: Free iPhone Unlock Checker is not accurate
    Hold up, you said you have a Verizon iPhone 4? They didn't have sim card slots, you must have a 4S. If that is the case I "think" that even when unlocked they will not work for other US carriers. Only for non-US carriers. A gevey/GPP sim may work on it though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hold up, you said you have a Verizon iPhone 4? They didn't have sim card slots, you must have a 4S. If that is the case I "think" that even when unlocked they will not work for other US carriers. Only for non-US carriers. A gevey/GPP sim may work on it though.
    Sorry I forgot to mention, I have iPhone 5S AT&T. And also iPhone 4 Verizon, that I'm using with PagePlus.
    So, it looks like iPhone 5S is not unlocked, but by checking IMEI it says: Unlocked.

Thanks

Ah ok. Makes sense now. Weird that the site would say it's unlocked if it isn't.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12