+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sorry to ask, but there weren't any related threads

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok so I jb my 3g 4.2.1, great job with the jailbreak assistant btw,using redsn0w, and then I dl'd Ultrasn0w, thinking that I was doing the right thing. Apparently not.
    Thanks

Default Sorry to ask, but there weren't any related threads
    Ok so I jb my 3g 4.2.1, great job with the jailbreak assistant btw,using redsn0w, and then I dl'd Ultrasn0w, thinking that I was doing the right thing. Apparently not. it wont pick up signal. So what should I have done right?
    Moving Shadow

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Ultrasn0w function is based on modem firmware otherwise known as baseband version. Your baseband is probably too far updated. You may downgrade it. If the bootloader is 5.8 you can skip a step and simply use fuzzband from Cydia.

If your bootloader is not 5.8 then you have to use redsn0w for 4.2.1 to upgrade to the ipad baseband then downgrade it to 5.13.04 with redsn0w.

You can find out your bootloader with redsn0w as well.

Thanks

My laptop has been away basically since I posted this and just got it back tonght. I did however look into fuzzband, and it's actually well I found fuzzyband. Not sure if thats the same thing. Anyways fuzzyband is for iOS6, and theres a note on that in which BigBoss says iOS6 is the devil. So before upgrading that phone I came back to you. Uhm how exactly do I know what my bootloader is?
    Moving Shadow

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Fuzzyband will tell you. Downloading it shouldnt be an issue. It wont let you do anything anyway if you dont have tbe necessary bootloader.

Edit: fuzzyband will work on any fw version. You should probably check your baseband version anyhow. I havent confirmed the problem you're having bc I don't know your baseband version.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Swift View Post
    My laptop has been away basically since I posted this and just got it back tonght. I did however look into fuzzband, and it's actually well I found fuzzyband. Not sure if thats the same thing. Anyways fuzzyband is for iOS6, and theres a note on that in which BigBoss says iOS6 is the devil. So before upgrading that phone I came back to you. Uhm how exactly do I know what my bootloader is?
    Your 3G must be a VERY early model. If your phone's serial number does not have third through fifth numbers as anything between 800 and 828 there is (essentially) zero chance that you have the bootloader in question.

Now, however, there is a different method for downgrading the iPhone 3G baseband, regardless of baseband bootloader version. Use redsn0w to "Upgrade to iPad baseband" and then "Downgrade iPad baseband." Some helpful guides: for upgrading to the iPad baseband (06.15.00) and for downgrading from the iPad baseband (06.15.00) to the normal, unlockable one (05.13.04). (replace all instances of redsn0w version numbers in the guides with "0.9.15b3," the current version).