+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: syncing old jb/unlocked iphone 3gs with new ATT iphone 5.. anything to worry about?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I've had a jailbroken and unlocked iPhone 3gs for the past few years and am finally out of T-Mobile contract so I plan on getting a new iPhone5 with ATT.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question syncing old jb/unlocked iphone 3gs with new ATT iphone 5.. anything to worry about?
    I've had a jailbroken and unlocked iPhone 3gs for the past few years and am finally out of T-Mobile contract so I plan on getting a new iPhone5 with ATT. I'd like to sync the two, but I'm worried that the Cydia and redsn0w on my 3gs will somehow mess up the iPhone5. Is this a valid concern? Should I do anything in particular when syncing?

To be clear, I'm really only interested in syncing iTunes library, images, apps, and contacts.

Thanks!

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

Shouldn't run into a problem just did my wife's yesterday for her everything went perfect

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

achenn (12-03-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,620 Times in 5,899 Posts

Just an FYI. I realize that you stated you ended your T-Mo contract and are considering moving to AT&T for the iPhone 5.

T-Mo announced this week that starting next month they will be carrying the iPhone as they have been upgrading network to be compatible with the iPhone. I live in Arizona and have T-Mo new network is up and running here, love the speed and finally NO EDGE.
    T-Mo being the cheapest carrier out there and also has truly unlimited data, it may be cost effective to perhaps stay with T-Mo for this reason if the city you live in has begun the upgrade.
    Not a sales pitch by any means, just thought I would pass it along.
    Here is a coverage map that may help you decide.
    http://www.airportal.de/
    Last edited by blkcadi; 12-02-2012 at 02:57 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

achenn (12-03-2012)