+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have an iPhone 3GS that is stuck on activate mode. A few months back, maybe 6 months or so, my 2 year old threw my iPhone into the toilet
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3GS
    I have an iPhone 3GS that is stuck on activate mode. A few months back, maybe 6 months or so, my 2 year old threw my iPhone into the toilet and it got water damage. It sat untouched since getting water damage. Then I found an ad on kijiji that someone posted about fixing water damage to iPhones. So I had him look at my phone. He was able to get to the activate phone stage and that was it. That is where the phone sits now. I try to activate it but it keeps telling me unable to activate phone because the server or whatever is unavailable at this time. It tells that I can try using iTunes to activate the phone or I may have to call Apple support. Well I have tried using iTunes to activate and it tells me that unable to activate phone. The phone is locked to Rogers. When I put the Rogers SIM card in the phone it won't detect my SIM card. I have no idea what bass band the phone is on. I also have no idea what firmware is on the phone. Please if anyone can help me activate the iPhone 3GS I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Run forecast or idetector from : iH8sn0w.com to view your infos. Not being able to activate despite using the official sim might suggest you have a shorted baseband chip.

OR
    Run Redsn0w to hactivate it and look at your infos.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok how do I do this? I have never used the software you have said. I'm not too good with computers so please be patient with me

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazzy4dalejr View Post
    Ok how do I do this? I have never used the software you have said. I'm not too good with computers so please be patient with me
    Google dev team and go to their web site for the red snow tool. They have it for mac and windows.