+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking my Sprint Jailbroken Iphone after request approval from sprint

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I just got off the phone with sprint rep and my phone is pending unlock. He told me I have to restore my phone for it to take in affect.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Unlocking my Sprint Jailbroken Iphone after request approval from sprint
    I just got off the phone with sprint rep and my phone is pending unlock. He told me I have to restore my phone for it to take in affect.

I am not certain on how to restore without upgrading to ios 6.

I am thinking that I need to hold shift while clicking restore, but I dont have an ipsw 5.1.1 file. If i get one from the redsnow website, with this be enough to go through with the restore as stated?

Secondly, if this is correct how do I restore all my jailbroken info?
    Do I need to jailbreak with the absinthe app after putting ipsw 5.1.1 or can i just use my pkgbackup file?

Green Apple
    Thanks

If you don't have the shsh blobs don't restore it yet, check and see did cydia save your shsh blobs, if so exract it from cydia. But try deactivating with redsn0w first.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Just insert in other carrier SIM, the Activation screen will popup then just setup the phone with WIFI.. it will be unlocked