Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking already jailbroken IPhone 4 with AT&T

Default Unlocking already jailbroken IPhone 4 with AT&T
    I have a IPhone 4 with AT&T with contract. I only had for 3 months and I'm ready to rid them!!! I would LOVE to unlock my phone but don't know who to go to, to do so. AT&T won't do it for me cause I'm no where near the end of my contract. So now what?!? Plus I jailbroke my phone myself the day I got it, so I don't wanna go through the wrong things & pay an unlocking service to brick my phone due to that one factor. So yes, save me from AT&T.

Go to ebay. I bought 2 at $4.70 each. Both worked like a charm. Just check the seller reviews. If it doesn't work it won't brick your phone, it just will stay locked and they will refund you.

Okay. Awesome. Thanks for the reply back. I went to eBay and did as you said, now I'm playing the waiting game. I'm a little worried cause I'm still in contract and having to restore & etc since I'm already jailbroken and other reasons. We shall see.

Is there any way to do the backup and restore process for factory unlocking without loosing the jailbreak and everything on it. But more important, can you do it without upgrading the OS?

edit:
    found the answer in this thread
    UNLOCK 'In-Contract/Out of Contract' iPhones (3G, 3GS, 4, 4S) without Restoring!!!
    Last edited by jimates; 11-26-2012 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayboo16 View Post
    Okay. Awesome. Thanks for the reply back. I went to eBay and did as you said, now I'm playing the waiting game. I'm a little worried cause I'm still in contract and having to restore & etc since I'm already jailbroken and other reasons. We shall see.
    in/out out of contract doesn't matter.
    As long as it's not blacklisted, your'e fine and it should be unlocked in less than 24 hour.
    Contact me to "factory unlock" any iPhone!

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiPhone View Post
    in/out out of contract doesn't matter.
    As long as it's not blacklisted, your'e fine and it should be unlocked in less than 24 hour.
    IT WAS!!! That was amazingly fast!!! Now I'm waiting on T-mobile to deliver my sim cards. I now don't know what to do because I am in fact jailbroken, so do I follow the same steps?!? I know it's an issue I should be taking up with the person who unlocked it, but I feel better recieving the info from here. You can only get so much communication through eBay anyhow.

I believe some threads under this sub-forum will help you answering that question in detail.
    Contact me to "factory unlock" any iPhone!