Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question Iphone 4 running io6 with tethered jail break Unlock question

Default Question Iphone 4 running io6 with tethered jail break Unlock question
    I have an unlocked/jailbroken iphone 3g and im running the u.s. at&t go phone service on it. I also have an iphone 4 running ios6. The iphone 4 is jail broken on the latest tethered release and i want to unlock it and start using my sim from my go phone service. I've read my only option right now because of my firmware/baseband on the iphone 4 is getting an imei unlock.

My question is if i was to get this unlock would i have to restore my phone after its unlocked and loose everything like the tweeks i've gotten from cydia and start from scratch? Or would it just unlock and i'd be able to put my sim in and go from there?
    Last edited by romewillroam; 11-23-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by romewillroam View Post
    I have an unlocked/jailbroken iphone 3g and im running the u.s. at&t go phone service on it. I also have an iphone 4 running ios6. The iphone 4 is jail broken on the latest tethered release and i want to unlock it and start using my sim from my go phone service. I've read my only option right now because of my firmware/baseband on the iphone 4 is getting an imei unlock.

My question is if i was to get this unlock would i have to restore my phone after its unlocked and loose everything like the tweeks i've gotten from cydia and start from scratch? Or would it just unlock and i'd be able to put my sim in and go from there?
    You have to deactivate or restore your iphone to complete the unlock process.

U can use redsn0w to deactivate your phone with out restoring.

Or you can use SAM pref a tweak in Cydia to deactivate your phone. Both options does the same thing.

Thank you for the quick reply sir.