+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Erase all content and settings

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello, I need some help. A buddy of mine bought a second hand iphone 3gs with fw 4.2.1, jailbreaked and unlocked. Immediatly after he got it, he used the "erase
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Erase all content and settings
    Hello,

I need some help. A buddy of mine bought a second hand iphone 3gs with fw 4.2.1, jailbreaked and unlocked. Immediatly after he got it, he used the "erase all content and settings" option.

The first thing I did was to verify what bootroom does the phone have. iDetect says that it is old bootroom, so restoring shouldn't request blobs.

I tried to restore it to 5.1.1 via shift+restore in iTunes, but I got alot of errors and I couldn't get by error 1600. Tried everything, like using iReb, changing the cable and the usb port, but nothing solved it.

What can I do to make it functional again. The thing is that the phone was bought from some other country and I will need hacktivation.

I thought to try and restore it back to 4.2.1. Would this work?

Thank you for your time!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    try restoring with redsn0w. verify the existing blobs and select the firmware you wish to restore. i'm not sure how the old bootrom and request blobs works but i believe that you need the shsh in order to restore any phone. i think the oldest version that you can restore with redsnow for the 3gs is 4.3.3

How to downgrade or restore using Redsn0w - No Tinyumbrella or iTunes!! - YouTube

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by masterkeyunlocks View Post
    try restoring with redsn0w. verify the existing blobs and select the firmware you wish to restore. i'm not sure how the old bootrom and request blobs works but i believe that you need the shsh in order to restore any phone. i think the oldest version that you can restore with redsnow for the 3gs is 4.3.3

How to downgrade or restore using Redsn0w - No Tinyumbrella or iTunes!! - YouTube
    Hello,

I was finally able to solve my problem via redsnow restore to 4.2.1. I followed the video you posted just above.

Thank You very much!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Thanks for confirming that 4.2.1 works