+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can I unlock a new/used ATT iphone 4s with my old ATT account?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi guys, I had an iphone 4 for 2 years and finally factory unlocked it through ATT after my contract ended in September. One week later i had the phone
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Can I unlock a new/used ATT iphone 4s with my old ATT account?
    Hi guys,

I had an iphone 4 for 2 years and finally factory unlocked it through ATT after my contract ended in September. One week later i had the phone stolen while on vacation in Barcelona . I've heard that you can unlock other phones if you have an ATT account where you completed a contract, so I am considering buying a new/used 4s and unlocking through them. I am living abroad so I won't be activating with ATT, but i'd rather buy an ATT locked phone if this works since it would be significantly cheaper.

Is it accurate that this is possible? I know I could call ATT for the answer, but I'm hoping to save 45 minutes of my life waiting on hold for them to give me an unsure answer...

Thanks!

Thanks

I'd just simply unlock it rather than waiting days-weeks-unsure delay to get your unlock confirmation.
    Contact me to "factory unlock" any iPhone!

Green Apple
    Thanks

If I'm gonna pay for an IMEI unlock, why don't I just buy the phone factory unlocked? There's plenty of those and they'd cost the same or less...

Are you really allowed to self advertise in the forums like that btw?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i believe ATT will unlock up to 5 phones a year for subscribers out of contract. also if you request an unlock online, most of the time ATT will unlock it even if its still on contract. i've seen several ip5's on contract which received the unlock from ATT.