Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 on Baseband 04.11.08 - any way at all to get this thing unlocked?

Default iPhone 4 on Baseband 04.11.08 - any way at all to get this thing unlocked?
    My father bought an iPhone 4 from someone online, it's locked to Vodafone UK and he's on Three UK. I was under the impression that unlocking wouldn't be an issue due to how long the 4 has been out now, but I'm hitting a wall. From the looks of things the baseband 04.11.08 hasn't got many (if any) options when it comes to unlocking.

Is there any way at all I can get this thing unlocked without having to spend 50+ on an IMIE unlock?

It's on iOS 5.0.1 at the moment - it's already jailbroken, but I'm really not bothered about a jailbreak, just an unlock/activation so we can put the three sim in it.

Any help would be massively appreciated as I'm stumped here

We dont have the original Vodafone sim either.

No other way to unlock that BB, sorry.

I assume an IMEI unlock would work though, wouldn't it?

Yes, you will get a SIM FREE phone than.

Ahh I'll just go ahead and do that - looks like it's the only option.

Thanks for your help bbrks

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, pop into a Vodafone shop and get a pay as you go sim and put 20 credit on it. They will unlock it and take the 20 off your sim as their fee.

Quote Originally Posted by rmwebs View Post
    I assume an IMEI unlock would work though, wouldn't it?
    It's the only option. I hope you've got it unlocked by now.
    Contact me to "factory unlock" any iPhone!

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiPhone View Post
    It's the only option. I hope you've got it unlocked by now.
    Hi SenseiPhone, is your unlocking service for real? especially for Softbank Japan? Do you have any proof already for this one? Thanks

Well this sucks. The unlocking place just emailed me back (after 10 days!) saying the phone is blocked by the network, with the notice "CheckMEND has a record of this item having been blocked by a cell phone network".

Am I completely screwed now? Will Vodafone not even unlock it if I go direct to them and pay them?

Well, I guess you are. It must be that the former owner of the phone didn't settle the bill. Bad luck, sorry