+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4S - Sprint IMEI Unlock --- Please Help ---

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello all, I have a Sprint iPhone 4S, recently used IMEI unlock. Now I have been told to update to iOS 6.0.1 in order for iTunes to show that my
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default iPhone 4S - Sprint IMEI Unlock --- Please Help ---
    Hello all, I have a Sprint iPhone 4S, recently used IMEI unlock. Now I have been told to update to iOS 6.0.1 in order for iTunes to show that my iTunes is factory unlocked, thing is I don't want to lose my jailbreak on 5.1.1 and I already have SAM ticket for my current SIM.

I have tried to deactivate with SAM then insert a foreign SIM, but still, iTunes says that only carrier SIMs are supported. So is there any way to get the factory unlockd message from iTunes without updating to iOS 6.0.1? Could re-restoring from 5.1.1 to 5.1.1 with the latest Redsn0w make it happen?

I am already outside of US and will soon travel abroad from my current location so I'd need a different SIM from my SAM activated SIM, so I would greatly appreciate your input regarding this case.

Thanks in advance.

*iTunes message after deactivating through SAM...

Thanks

You can try to deactivate with redsn0w. Download latest redsn0w

Other option is, create custom firmware with SHSH Blobs using redsn0w, restore and you should get iOS 5 still. But redsn0w deactivation should work.
    Contact me to "factory unlock" any iPhone!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    if you want to RE-restore use my video. its boring but gets the job done. However what Sensei said will work. Deactivate with redns0w but i recommend removing SAM too

How to downgrade or restore using Redsn0w - No Tinyumbrella or iTunes!! - YouTube
    Last edited by masterkeyunlocks; 11-14-2012 at 01:15 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SenseiPhone View Post
    You can try to deactivate with redsn0w. Download latest redsn0w

Other option is, create custom firmware with SHSH Blobs using redsn0w, restore and you should get iOS 5 still. But redsn0w deactivation should work.
    How to deactivate with Redsn0w though? I am using 4S and when I click the "Jailbreak" option to then deactivate, it says "This iPhone 4S is already jailbroken with roky racoon".

I tried to go to DFU, but I am just fortunate that I could come out of it safely.

My only other option now is to remove roky racoon the re-jailbreak, before doing that, can you please clarify on how to deactivate my 4S with Redsn0w?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

click jailbreak, put phone in DFU mode and check mark "deactivate" ONLY. dont check mark jailbreak or anything else. click next and let it do its thing.

or you can just press Extra, plug phone in and there should be a deactivte button somewhere. i've done this for an ios6 ip4 non-jailbroken just to IMEI unlock.
    after that plug phone into itunes and it will activte. or activate it through wifi on your phone.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,227 Times in 6,987 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nrgonline View Post
    click jailbreak, put phone in DFU mode and check mark "deactivate" ONLY. dont check mark jailbreak or anything else. click next and let it do its thing.

or you can just press Extra, plug phone in and there should be a deactivte button somewhere. i've done this for an ios6 ip4 non-jailbroken just to IMEI unlock.
    after that plug phone into itunes and it will activte. or activate it through wifi on your phone.
    That won't work on a 4S. And is not needed in any case. All that is needed is putting a different carrier sim in the phone on a 4S. In a few seconds it will kick back to the activation screen.

Quote Originally Posted by iSea View Post
    Hello all, I have a Sprint iPhone 4S, recently used IMEI unlock. Now I have been told to update to iOS 6.0.1 in order for iTunes to show that my iTunes is factory unlocked, thing is I don't want to lose my jailbreak on 5.1.1 and I already have SAM ticket for my current SIM.

I have tried to deactivate with SAM then insert a foreign SIM, but still, iTunes says that only carrier SIMs are supported. So is there any way to get the factory unlockd message from iTunes without updating to iOS 6.0.1? Could re-restoring from 5.1.1 to 5.1.1 with the latest Redsn0w make it happen?

I am already outside of US and will soon travel abroad from my current location so I'd need a different SIM from my SAM activated SIM, so I would greatly appreciate your input regarding this case.

Thanks in advance.

*iTunes message after deactivating through SAM...
    Sounds like your unlock was not successful if you are still getting sim not supported message after deactivating with Sam. You shouldn't be using Sam at all with a 4S though. I would suggest deactivating and removing Sam altogether. Then reboot and try activating with a different carrier sim in. If iTunes still gives you SIM card not supported message than your phone is not unlocked and you should take it up with whoever supposedly unlocked it for you.