Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock iPhone 4 that's currently locked to Alaska based GCI's network

Default Unlock iPhone 4 that's currently locked to Alaska based GCI's network
    anyone have any recommendations? I can't seem to find anyone that can unlock this phone for me

Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

Only baseband 1.59.xx can be software unlocked by ultrasn0w. The only way to unlock higher baseband is to use Gevey Sim from applenberry.com , make sure you check your baseband before purchasing or call your provider to IMEI unlock it for you.

If you mean looking forward to unlock it by IMEI like any other carriers, try to PM me IMEI and serial.

I'll try mybest to help.

------- Update --------

I can unlock it if it's iPhone 4 8GB or iPhone 4S 32GB model and the serial number must be ends with DP0N, DPMW, DTC0, DTD1, DTD2

Check it on Settings - General - About. If it's stuck on activation screen, you may check the box (must be the original box, otherwise no refund at all).
    Last edited by SenseiPhone; 02-28-2013 at 04:42 PM.
    Contact me to "factory unlock" any iPhone!

Default Bump
    Not OP, just someone else with a similar problem. Still appears that NO ONE can IMEI unlock GCI Wireless phones. AT&T and GCI both refuse. Contacted SenseiPhone and a handful of other cutting edge IMEI unlockers, and they can't do it yet, either. I've been searching for about four days straight now, with no solution in sight. There is a HUGE market for this here in Alaska. They're a GSM phone with the same model numbers as the AT&T models, I don't know how this works, but I don't see how no one has got it yet.

As a footnote, I think it's ridiculous that a phone could be locked to a carrier regardless of payment or contract status. It's blackmail.

Quote Originally Posted by Deerock View Post
    Not OP, just someone else with a similar problem. Still appears that NO ONE can IMEI unlock GCI Wireless phones. AT&T and GCI both refuse. Contacted SenseiPhone and a handful of other cutting edge IMEI unlockers, and they can't do it yet, either. I've been searching for about four days straight now, with no solution in sight. There is a HUGE market for this here in Alaska. They're a GSM phone with the same model numbers as the AT&T models, I don't know how this works, but I don't see how no one has got it yet.

As a footnote, I think it's ridiculous that a phone could be locked to a carrier regardless of payment or contract status. It's blackmail.

Check my updates above, with some specific serials, you can unlock GCI. Not only that, but also all other carrier which having same serial number (the method used called "swapping").

hi sensei iphone
    can you unlock an iphone 4 8gb locked to GCI network?? i mean the factory unlock.
    imei: [REDACTED]
    s/n: [REDACTED]
    Last edited by Orby; 05-20-2013 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Removing personally identifying information.

Yep, it's supported.

Hit me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jarviz View Post
    hi sensei iphone
    can you unlock an iphone 4 8gb locked to GCI network?? i mean the factory unlock.
    imei: [REDACTED]
    s/n: [REDACTED]
    Last edited by Orby; 05-20-2013 at 02:53 PM.

hey i currently have a iphone 4, Alaska based GCI's network on 3.6.1 on base band 04.12.05 i would like to have it unlocked can u help me?
    thanks.
    p.s the serial ends in DP0N
    Last edited by jarioman; 03-29-2013 at 04:29 PM. Reason: more inforation

Yes, according to the serial number, it must be iPhone 4 8GB model.

Any carrier is supported as long as it's iPhone 4 8GB / iPhone 4S 16GB model.

Quote Originally Posted by jarioman View Post
    hey i currently have a iphone 4, Alaska based GCI's network on 3.6.1 on base band 04.12.05 i would like to have it unlocked can u help me?
    thanks.
    p.s the serial ends in DP0N

I have a gevey sim that is still in the package if any of you guys need it

Hey I have an Iphone 4s 16gb model can you unlock it? Would it be possible to unlock it then? How should I contact you? my IMEI is [REDACTED]...Thanks so much for your time!
    Last edited by Orby; 05-20-2013 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Removing personally identifying information.

Yes I'm having a hard time trying to unlock this iphone 4s 6.1.3 from GCI. Please can you help me out, my IMEI [REDACTED]. Thank you
    Last edited by Orby; 05-20-2013 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Removing personally identifying information.

Hi Sensei Iphone

Can u unlock GCI iphone 5 16GB, with IMEI [REDACTED]?

Thank you

Thanks

Folks, just a polite reminder that you should treat your iPhone's IMEI and whole serial numbers the same way you treat a credit card, government identification or passport number. Do not ever post this data publicly. If harnessed by unscrupulous people, this information can be used to steal your warranty, void or steal an unlock, or personally identify you.

The last four characters of the serial number are safe to share publicly (as they only identify the size, model, and color of your iPhone). As for PMing someone to unlock your phone or what have you, please exercise good judgment, as you are assuming a fair amount of risk. Be safe.

my serial Number ends in DTD1, and my phones imei ends in 0132, is it possible to unlock it, and how much could it cost and the time frame?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiPhone View Post
    If you mean looking forward to unlock it by IMEI like any other carriers, try to PM me IMEI and serial.

I'll try mybest to help.

------- Update --------

I can unlock it if it's iPhone 4 8GB or iPhone 4S 32GB model and the serial number must be ends with DP0N, DPMW, DTC0, DTD1, DTD2

Check it on Settings - General - About. If it's stuck on activation screen, you may check the box (must be the original box, otherwise no refund at all).

SenseiPhone, my phone's serial # ends with DPMW and its locked into GCI Wireless. No one here can unlock or jailbreak it. Is there a way you can help.
    Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone Brad Swift's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey guys. I don't know much about this, obviously. I was just wondering. If this problem could possibly be resolved. If the Alaskan users downgraded to a FW that could be unlocked with Ultras0W?
    Moving Shadow