+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Help Unlocking

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi All, Was given an iPhone by a friend before she moved back overseas. She said it was unlocked but now it appears not to have been. Optus (Australia) won't
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi All,

Was given an iPhone by a friend before she moved back overseas. She said it was unlocked but now it appears not to have been. Optus (Australia) won't unlock the phone for anyone except the person who bought it, so I'm trying to unlock it after jailbreaking.

I have jailbroken it using Absinthe 2.0.4, then I used the SAM unlocking method which I have since found out apple has patched. Prior to doing those two things if I inserted my vodafone sim it froze at the "sim not valid" screen of the activation process, now it works with the sim in, I have coverage bars, but text are not being sent and all calls are failing. Does anyone have any ideas?

It's an iPhone 4s, iOS 5.0.1, Modem Firmware 1.0.13. Under settings the carrier is listed as Voda AU 11.1. I have also tried to load ultrasn0w through Cydia however it gets about halfway through the process and errors come up and it stops loading.

Vodafone assure me my sim is not malfunctioning, and I have reached the end of my limited knowledge. If anyone could help me I would very much appreciate it

Thank you.

Also, now any time I do anything with itunes or SAM now with the Voda sim in, the error message "there is no sim in your phone" comes up. And I've lost my bars, I now only have SOS status.
    Last edited by necrolatrism; 11-10-2012 at 02:27 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Ultrasn0w will not unlock ur 4s. Best thing is to look up Internet for Gevey sim to see if it can unlock your baseband.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by necrolatrism View Post
    Hi All,

Was given an iPhone by a friend before she moved back overseas. She said it was unlocked but now it appears not to have been. Optus (Australia) won't unlock the phone for anyone except the person who bought it, so I'm trying to unlock it after jailbreaking.

I have jailbroken it using Absinthe 2.0.4, then I used the SAM unlocking method which I have since found out apple has patched. Prior to doing those two things if I inserted my vodafone sim it froze at the "sim not valid" screen of the activation process, now it works with the sim in, I have coverage bars, but text are not being sent and all calls are failing. Does anyone have any ideas?

It's an iPhone 4s, iOS 5.0.1, Modem Firmware 1.0.13. Under settings the carrier is listed as Voda AU 11.1. I have also tried to load ultrasn0w through Cydia however it gets about halfway through the process and errors come up and it stops loading.

Vodafone assure me my sim is not malfunctioning, and I have reached the end of my limited knowledge. If anyone could help me I would very much appreciate it

Thank you.

Also, now any time I do anything with itunes or SAM now with the Voda sim in, the error message "there is no sim in your phone" comes up. And I've lost my bars, I now only have SOS status.
    GEVEY™ Ultra S for iPhone 4S
    Unlocks GSM iPhone 4S running iOS 5.1 to iOS 6.0. (iOS5.0 & 5.0.1 is Not Supported)

IPhone 4S requires upgrading to the latest firmware 6.0 to get unlock.

Works with Modem Firmware 1.0.14, 2.0.10, 2.0.12 and 3.0.04

im not sure about your baseband, but i think upgrading to 6.0.1 will give you 3.0.04

hope this helps...

edit: already emailed them regarding ios 6.0.1, and according to them, as long as you are GSM, it will work...