Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Activate 3GS

Default Activate 3GS
    Hi I had a jailbroken 3GS which I passed on to a mate. She tried to upgrade to iOS 6 and you know the rest! I got the phone into DFU mode and tried to restore but when I try to activate it keeps saying there is a server error and try later. Is there a fix for this? It is an ex AT&T phone which I have here in NZ. Thanks for any help guys......

Make sure the SIM card is readable. Maybe the SIM card or the slot where it goes in is damaged. Earlier my iPad SIM card slot got jammed with a t-mobile SIM card and I had to pry it open and it wouldnt read anything and said the same thing. But what i did was put pressure near the SIM card and the slot so it pushed down so it could read it. Try to apply a lot of pressure where the SIM card is inserted that should help. If not take it to apple tell then you don't know why it won't restore and then they will believe it's There fault and give u a brand new iPhone 3GS. Just don't tell them it was jailbroken before. Then they won't help u. Hope this helps !

Quote Originally Posted by monay_man View Post
    Make sure the SIM card is readable. Maybe the SIM card or the slot where it goes in is damaged. Earlier my iPad SIM card slot got jammed with a t-mobile SIM card and I had to pry it open and it wouldnt read anything and said the same thing. But what i did was put pressure near the SIM card and the slot so it pushed down so it could read it. Try to apply a lot of pressure where the SIM card is inserted that should help. If not take it to apple tell then you don't know why it won't restore and then they will believe it's There fault and give u a brand new iPhone 3GS. Just don't tell them it was jailbroken before. Then they won't help u. Hope this helps !
    Thank you monay_man. I will try this and let you know what happens )