Results 1 to 9 of 9

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: I Am Trying To Find Out Which Carrier My Phone Is Locked To - Can Anyone Help?

  1. #1
    Default I Am Trying To Find Out Which Carrier My Phone Is Locked To - Can Anyone Help?
    Hey Guys, I have an iPHONE 3GS which I am looking to unlock without jailbreaking, Is there a program or anything I can use to find out which carrier the phone is locked to? (as its jailbroken I can't find out in settings)

    I realise this may come across as a little dodgy to ask, but it's not stolen or anything like that. I bought my phone from a friend of mine when she upgraded but she is travelling at the mo and its not possible to ask. I think its Orange but I can't be sure.


    The details of the phone are:

    iPHONE 3GS (new bootrom) 2010
    IMEI - edited
    IOS 4.1 8B117
    Last edited by 2k1; 10-17-2012 at 04:40 AM.

  2. #2
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,057
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Took ya IMEI off cause ya don't wanna be posting that on the forums. People can git a hold of it and well mess up ya phone.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Took ya IMEI off cause ya don't wanna be posting that on the forums. People can git a hold of it and well mess up ya phone.
    Thanks for that what can they do, I thought an EMEI number was unique to the phone? so many things I am not aware of.

  4. #4
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    30,872
    Thanks
    3,820
    Thanked 9,889 Times in 6,042 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by secreto99 View Post
    Thanks for that what can they do, I thought an EMEI number was unique to the phone? so many things I am not aware of.
    You are correct, unique to each device. Here is a site that will give you the info you requested.
    iPhone IMEI Checker with SIMLock Status

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    You are correct, unique to each device. Here is a site that will give you the info you requested.
    iPhone IMEI Checker with SIMLock Status
    Thanks for the link! I needed to check this myself, and I found a provider in my country that does this, thing is that they wanted $7 for the check.

  6. #6
    Thumbs up I can help
    You can PM me for the IMEI and I'll check it for FREE (Only for ModMyi members), if it's allowed by Mods.

    Otherwise you can pay for $1.99 here:


    If it's possible, I could create a special thread to serve iPhone carrier checker request for ModMyi members.
    Last edited by Simon; 10-21-2012 at 07:39 AM.
    Contact me to "factory unlock" any iPhone!

  7. #7
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,594
    Thanks
    6,858
    Thanked 15,286 Times in 7,011 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SenseiPhone View Post
    You can PM me for the IMEI and I'll check it for FREE (Only for ModMyi members), if it's allowed by Mods.

    Otherwise you can pay for $1.99 here:

    If it's possible, I could create a special thread to serve iPhone carrier checker request for ModMyi members.
    Once you qualify for the BST section you can make a thread there with what you are selling (you do not qualify yet). Until then do not go around in other threads posting links to your site. That is considered spam and against forum rules. As was your signature spam which has been removed.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Once you qualify for the BST section you can make a thread there with what you are selling (you do not qualify yet). Until then do not go around in other threads posting links to your site. That is considered spam and against forum rules. As was your signature spam which has been removed.
    I actually going to give it for free, if you read it correctly
    Okay, my bad, but where is the BST section, I've never seen such sub-forum :-?

    Thanks for reminding me first
    Contact me to "factory unlock" any iPhone!

  9. #9
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,594
    Thanks
    6,858
    Thanked 15,286 Times in 7,011 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SenseiPhone View Post
    I actually going to give it for free, if you read it correctly
    Okay, my bad, but where is the BST section, I've never seen such sub-forum :-?

    Thanks for reminding me first
    iPhone B|S|T

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •