Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock iOS6 with R SIM 5+

Thumbs up Unlock iOS6 with R SIM 5+
    Folks.. just tested the new R SIM 5+ on my updated iOS6 and confirmed working much faster and better on iPhone 4S..

Done with Original R-SIM 5+ from http://www.r-simcard.com/

I have a iPhone 4s, IOS 5.1.1, firmware 2.0.12, locked to FIDO Canada

I have bought the R-SIM5+ in order to get this working with my Vodafone Portugal card, and I followed all instructions as in your videos, but it did not worked for me, its asking for activation, I tried to use with no success the voice record option, not working, then I tried with the cydia samprefs, and it bypassed the activation however it did not worked with the vodafone card, can you please help me?

Connect your 4S with iFunbox or any other iPhone file manager to PC
    - Go to ar/wireless/Library then delete file carrier_310VZW_20404_11.2.plist
    - Go to /System/Library/Carrier Bundle/iPhone delete folder Zeppelin_US.bundle
    - Delete your sim card carrier bundle in the same folder ( if your iphone is Fido so delete folder Fido - NOTE. in some phone this folder does not exist, just skip this step)

Restart the phone and wait for 1 to 2 mins to get the signal

4. The Following User Says Thank You to haissk For This Useful Post:

marcalhon (11-15-2012)

First of all, thanks for your help

I have a few questions:

1) I do not have that file "carrier_310VZW_20404_11.2.plist" under var/wireless/Library, I just have 4 folders (attached image1) -image1.jpg

Am I looking in a wrong place? Shall I continue with other steps and try ? Won't this block my phone?

Thanks in advance

yes please continue with other steps
    Take a backup before deleting.. so if something goes wrong you can still restore the original folders/files

7. The Following User Says Thank You to haissk For This Useful Post:

marcalhon (11-15-2012)

And that will not block my iphone?

No.. i have tried these for my Sprint, Verizon and C Spire and it worked well for all 3..
    As i said Take a backup before deleting.. so if something goes wrong you can still restore the original folders/files

10. The Following User Says Thank You to haissk For This Useful Post:

marcalhon (11-15-2012)

By backup, you mean just make a copy of those files, correct?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to haissk For This Useful Post:

marcalhon (11-15-2012)

Thanks, will try and let you know once done

Hi again, tried but with no success,

It keeps searching for network, and some times, it says NO SERVICE

I have read on other forum that may be something related to sim card, as this is not a Micro Sim, but a SIM cutted with one of those sim cutters, do you think can be something like this?

By the way, if I go to settings - general - information, if shows on mobile network, VF P 12.0 that is vodafone portugal, the sim I have inserted, do not know if this helps you
    Last edited by marcalhon; 11-15-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Did you program you Gevey SIM to Fido?
    You have to do that with your White SIM that you get with your Gevey SIM package..
    Does you Gevey SIM supports both CDMA and GSM?

I have a R-SIM5+ that they say is the only one capable to unlock fido canada for iphone 4s, ios 5.1.1 modem 2.0.12

I am not so sure on R-SIM.. contact their tech support

Thanks, thats what I have done, but no answer