+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking from AT&T and Timing Thereof

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have two phones which I purchased from individuals with cleared contracts from ATT. They both agreed to request the unlock and apparently did so. I have no reason to
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Unlocking from AT&T and Timing Thereof
    I have two phones which I purchased from individuals with cleared contracts from ATT. They both agreed to request the unlock and apparently did so. I have no reason to suspect either person from jerking me around. Each person was told the unlocks were processed and should now show this status when restoring in iTunes, but neither phone gives me the congratulations notice in iTunes. ATT told me the unlock was supposed to be immediate but that's not I am finding.

Can anyone tell me why the unlocks are not being noticed in iTunes or your experience with the actual timing?

Thanks!!

beecooperating in every way

Thanks
    Thanked 9,527 Times in 5,846 Posts

Have you tried a non AT&T sim? Perhaps the owners did the unlock process themselves.
    Here is a site that checks IMEI's, although I have heard that it sometimes can be inaccurate.
    iPhone IMEI Checker with SIMLock Status

My iPhone is a Part of Me bbrks's Avatar
    Thanks

Just for you to know. That congratulations message in iTunes is not necessary. I never got it and my phone was also unlocked by AT&T.
    However, I think that you first have to deactivate the phones and than connect them to iTunes.

Thanks

Some people don't get the Congratulations message but got the iPhone unlocked.

Insert non AT&T sim and it will ask for activation, then simply connect it to the iTunes.
    Contact me to "factory unlock" any iPhone!