+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Bypass Activation for AT&T iPhone 5 under contract

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I pruchased the iPhone 5 from ebay. i unlocked the phone with my t mobile sim card. i have service but i cant get into the home screen until the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How to Bypass Activation for AT&T iPhone 5 under contract
    I pruchased the iPhone 5 from ebay. i unlocked the phone with my t mobile sim card. i have service but i cant get into the home screen until the person who sold me the phone gives me their zip code and last four digits of social, but they are refusing to do so. please help what can i do? how do i fix this? i've tried to restore alrdy via itunes and nothing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Try to ask someone that has an iphone 5 already. Use their sim card to activate it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chula's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sixbuilding View Post
    I purchased the iPhone 5 from ebay. i unlocked the phone with my t mobile sim card. i have service but i cant get into the home screen until the person who sold me the phone gives me their zip code and last four digits of social, but they are refusing to do so. please help what can i do? how do i fix this? i've tried to restore already via itunes and nothing.
    Wow I just went thru the same thing but the only difference is that I called the guy and explain to him and he gave me his information the person u bought the phone from has to verify their identity and then after that the unlock will go thru just fine or if not its not going to work like the phone is lock to their account they have to verify first take the phone to them and let them do it if they can't trust u if not tell them to give u ur money back thats a big shame next time make sure u buy ur phone from someone u can trust and someone u can come to in case of any issues sorry for asking but how much u paid them I hope thing can work out for u

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

$700 yea i know im stuck its over

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Apple store will sell iPhone 5 Factory Unlocked within a month or so with the price range from $650 - $850 for 16GB - 64GB.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

do you have to buy some type of data plan for it?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 Times in 5,935 Posts

do you have to buy some type of data plan for it?
    Nope.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yea i did all of this for no reason then. i was better off waiting for the retail one smh..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I know this sounds bad, but resell it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Try this
    Check this out:
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

Just googled a little, you should do that too.
    Anyways, there's this one too:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...y-new-iPhone-5

If nothing else works, tell the guy you would ship the phone to him to activate it, he needs to do it only once. And if not, he could get charged the full price if it's not activated within 30 days, at least that's what these guys are saying on the forum.

Or on gsmhosting forum you can find a guy that can find that info out for you if you send him the phone number that shows up and IMEI I think, but he charges for it:
    http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f456...oblem-1542068/

Anyways, it can be done, one way or another. Good luck
    Last edited by maajka; 10-09-2012 at 04:35 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i wonder if you can do this trick. it does not activate your phone5, but it will get you pass the activation screens. i wonder if one can then apply an IMEI unlock. then can you activate with your T-mobile sim?

How To Bypass IOS 6 Activation Screen on iPhone WITHOUT SIM!! [WORKING - SEPT 2012] - YouTube

Thanks
    Thanked 15,187 Times in 6,971 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    i wonder if you can do this trick. it does not activate your phone5, but it will get you pass the activation screens. i wonder if one can then apply an IMEI unlock. then can you activate with your T-mobile sim?

How To Bypass IOS 6 Activation Screen on iPhone WITHOUT SIM!! [WORKING - SEPT 2012] - YouTube
    Won't work. Need a jailbreak for that to work.

Says right under the video won't work with iPhone 4S or 5.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Won't work. Need a jailbreak for that to work.

Says right under the video won't work with iPhone 4S or 5.
    bummer.. didnt read that part. so only way to activate is to use active AT&T sim? then unlock?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,187 Times in 6,971 Posts

Well his case is different than most. Normally you can get it unlocked and then activate it with any sim. His case sounds to me like the person he bought it from got the phone as an upgrade on their account and then sold it for a large profit.
    Upgrades require the account holders info to activate I believe so the seller should have provided this info for him. Very shady of them not to. I would demand that info be given or get my money back if it were me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

tx daytonaviolet the app didnt let me click on to root folder for the iphone 5 so that i can delete setup. simon its everything u said i am trying to get my money back or re sell it like d4 said but lets see

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I bought iPhone 5 on eBay and unlocked
    but seller refused to give zip code and security code to activate my iPhone 5.

please help me to activate my iPhone 5 otherwise loosing lots of money.
    please

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If the phone is unlocked then put in any other carrier SIM and activate by WIFI or iTunes

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Worse case scenario I guess you can just buy an activation through eBay, this is one of the items I found:
    Activation Service SSN Zip Code for at T USA Apple iPhone 3GS 4G 4S 5 | eBay

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jiggz06 View Post
    Try to ask someone that has an iphone 5 already. Use their sim card to activate it.
    I plan on unlocking the at&T iphone 5. Does this mean everytime I RESTORE the iphone 5 I will have to activate it with an active AT&T Nano Sim.

I pruchased the iPhone 5 from ebay. i unlocked the phone with my t mobile sim card. i have service but i cant get into the home screen until the person who sold me the phone gives me their zip code and last four digits of social, but they are refusing to do so. please help what can i do? how do i fix this? i've tried to restore alrdy via itunes and nothing.
    Bro I am in your same bind. Any updates how to make it work?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Look up the serial number or IMEI on a site that checks the apple database and note the activation status. If it is unlocked, then it's unlocked. Insert active SIM you should be prompted with conventional process. If the status from the site shows locked, I believe I can help you unlock it.