+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Setting up my jailbroken/ ultrasn0w unlocked iPhone 4 for a new user

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys, so for the past couple years I've had a jailbroken and unlocked iPhone 4 on T-Mobile. I just got a factory unlocked iPhone 5 and want to give
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Setting up my jailbroken/ ultrasn0w unlocked iPhone 4 for a new user
    Hey guys, so for the past couple years I've had a jailbroken and unlocked iPhone 4 on T-Mobile. I just got a factory unlocked iPhone 5 and want to give my 4 to my mom. I don't really want to go through the hassle of re-jailbreaking and unlocking the phone to reset all the settings, and the actual jailbreak is of no importance; I just need the phone to be unlocked for T-Mobile still. I have manually deleted all my apps, etc. off the phone but my iCloud account is still linked to the phone, and I can't find any way of removing it save deleting the iCloud account outright (which I think actually deletes my whole account, not just my account from the iPhone 4). So what is my best option; is there a way to delete the account from the phone (and break all ties of the phone to my account/computer) and set it up on my mom's computer/ iTunes without having to reset/re-jailbreak the phone? Would I have to do that or an IMEI unlock? For reference it is running iOS 5.0.1, baseband 1.59. Thanks for any help!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,189 Times in 6,972 Posts

If it is an AT&T iPhone your best bet would be to get it IMEI unlocked. AT&T will do it for free if it is no longer under contract. That way you can simply restore it and not worry about jailbreaking or it relocking.