Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 5.0.1 SAM unlocking help?

Default Iphone 4 5.0.1 SAM unlocking help?
    Hi all, I'm trying to unlock this iPhone 4 i got recently, and I jailbroke it on 5.0.1 that it was on, and downloaded SAM and the "activationstate" is wildcardactivated. Had no clue what that meant then found out, and came up with that it is legitimately activated with apple. Does this mean i dont need this, "activation ticket" (still can't find out what that is cause everywhere i look just tells me how to back it up even though it's too late). Also, forgot to mention, my BB is 04.11.08 so I'm forced to try SAM now. (ugh) and so since the iPhone is activated, I'm assuming i need no "activation ticket". Am i right or no? I don't know if i need a special tutorial for the Wildcardactivated state, and was hoping if any of you guys knew? I'm also holding off on putting my SIM card into the iPhone 4 because i'd have to cut the sim card because i'm too lazy to buy a mini right now (anyone know how much they cost for t-mobile off the top of their head?). And i'd like to know if it'd be a pretty good chance the unlock process would work before venturing past the point of no return. In a sense as to keeping my SIM card usable with my 3GS. So if that made any sense to anyone, which i hope to god it did, could you point me where i need to go? Thanks much in advance! Also if you feel i left anything out and i didnt notice/need more info just say please!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,893 Times in 6,043 Posts

Welcome to MMi.
    Me, I would pay under $8.00 for an permanent unlock that will save you a bunch of brain damage.

Sim cards are typically free from your carrier, but any sim card will work, even if it is not active (dead sim).

Thanks, and how am i sure this'll work? And i'd at least like to try the SAM method in case i have to do this again.

Thanks

The unlock?
    I personally have used them for 40 plus unlocking phones and other members have had success with them also, besides Pay Pal protecting you if there was an issue.

Hm, alright, seems legit enough. plus it's really, really. Cheap. I'll probably do this tomorrow if i get a chance seeing as they don't process on weekends. Thank you!! And is this their regular everyday price?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spuncky View Post
    Hm, alright, seems legit enough. plus it's really, really. Cheap. I'll probably do this tomorrow if i get a chance seeing as they don't process on weekends. Thank you!! And is this their regular everyday price?
    Their prices vary almost daily, this is the cheapest I have seen it. Usually $9.00 for them and have seen it as high as 18.99. I'd grab it now.
    With my own experience with them, I have had received the unlock conformation come in a couple hours even on the weekends.

Ah, sweet. Thanks! I'm waiting for my old iPod to also sell on there so i have money to buy another digitizer for the 4 also, so before i can take this up it has to sell first.

Hey Spuncky, I have the same exact iPhone, same baseband, and it was unlocked via SAM during the window that opened earlier this year.

If you iPhone says WildcardActivated, then it's activated but not necessarily unlocked (someone correct me if I'm wrong on this one). Did you unlock during the window earlier this year? If you did, did you save the activation ticket? If you did, then you're good to go.