Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked iPhone 4 & IMEI Websites Inaccurate

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Unlocked iPhone 4 & IMEI Websites Inaccurate
    Hey so I got my iPhone unlocked by unlock fusion on eBay on Monday. People thought that I was already relocked because the IMEI checker websites (iphoneox.com and s-url.ro) gave me unknown and locked SIM statuses. So here is the update that I promised in the closed threads. I got my micro SIM in the mail today. I transferred my account to the new SIM and plugged it into the phone, but I got No Service. I just tried to restore, and when it finished restoring, I began activating it. iTunes DID NOT give me the Congratulations message, but within 30 seconds, I got signal and am officially unlocked on T-Mobile now. I was unlocked 2 days ago, and iphoneox.com still shows that the SIM lock status is unknown and s-url.ro still shows that my phone is locked. I guess my phone is an exception to a general pattern.
    Also, before I restored my phone, whenever I deactivated with SAM and reactivated with iTunes, I would get the Congratulations message. I will update if I get relocked. Good luck to you all, and thanks to the mods for the help.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydodo3 For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (09-19-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,215 Times in 6,216 Posts

Great news, for me I always felt that that company has proven themselves to be reputable. Literary hundreds of phones have been unlocked by them that I am aware of personally.
    It took the posts of people crying wolf with he said, she said, it's a scam, it's illegal, my company is better then your company, I wanna make money crapolla to end a great deal for our members.
    Nice to see another happy member with an unlocked iPhone.

Really I think you should be weary about trusting those IMEI websites. Isn't it possible for someone to clone a sim with your IMEI number? Just saying, the only way I tested my unlock was with a SIM card, don't want my phones "social security number" in the hands of a stranger.

Thanks

For some sites, yes. But I have been using this seller for a couple months as well as others. imei number isn't gonna do anyone any good, not sure why you would distrust giving that out, but cool. Life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    For some sites, yes. But I have been using this seller for a couple months as well as others. imei number isn't gonna do anyone any good, not sure why you would distrust giving that out, but cool. Life goes on.
    I don't mean the seller. I meant the unlock status IMEI checking websites. Obviously they are wrong in many cases, makes you wonder where are they getting their info from then. Since it is not Apple (because the info was wrong) then where do those IMEI numbers go to figure out your unlock status?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
    I don't mean the seller. I meant the unlock status IMEI checking websites. Obviously they are wrong in many cases, makes you wonder where are they getting their info from then. Since it is not Apple (because the info was wrong) then where do those IMEI numbers go to figure out your unlock status?
    Your right, non of them have been accurate for weeks. Even when I enter my Officially Factory unlocked 4S I bought from Apple unlocked last year gives me false reading too. Can't trust them at all. If the new carrier sim works, then the unlock was successful.

i can also vouch for unlock fusion. used it 2 x for my phones and just submitted another unlock today for a relatives phone.

Thanks

^ cool beans. Enjoy.

@Mods

Can we please reopen those threads. Especially the unlocking and getting messages without restoring ?