+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Iphone 4 was unlock but after jailbreak its say searching, help pls

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi my friend iPhone 4 was unlock before jailbreak, but after I jailbroken it for him, it says searching and nothing change when it suppose to say T-mobile, any clue
...
  1. #1
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Daniel212's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    532
    Thanks
    185
    Thanked 127 Times in 102 Posts

    Default Iphone 4 was unlock but after jailbreak its say searching, help pls
    Hi my friend iPhone 4 was unlock before jailbreak, but after I jailbroken it for him, it says searching and nothing change when it suppose to say T-mobile, any clue anyone? Thanks for the help

  2. #2
    2k1
    2k1 is offline
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,057
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    What baseband does he have. And did you update to a newer firmware or just jail broke it for him?

  3. #3
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    20 minutes away from Cupertino :D
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Also, how was it unlocked before? With Gevey or was it a carrier unlock?

  4. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Daniel212's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    532
    Thanks
    185
    Thanked 127 Times in 102 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    What baseband does he have. And did you update to a newer firmware or just jail broke it for him?
    Not sure, but he was on 5.1.1. But I thought if his phone was unlock before it was jailbroken, it would be ok do to jailbreak for him and he can keep his unlock, am I wrong?

  5. #5
    2k1
    2k1 is offline
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,057
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Ya he shouldn't of lost his unlock by just jail breaking it.

  6. #6
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Daniel212's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    532
    Thanks
    185
    Thanked 127 Times in 102 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Ya he shouldn't of lost his unlock by just jail breaking it.
    I'm not sure if he lost it but when the jailbreak got done, it says searching and I thought later its gonna show the carrier he's usings so I told him to just let me know if anythings wrong with it and he txt me saying, it's not reading his sim card and kept on saying searching, so I came on here for help, idk wht to do

  7. #7
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Daniel212's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    532
    Thanks
    185
    Thanked 127 Times in 102 Posts

    Any clue?

  8. #8
    2k1
    2k1 is offline
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,057
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Was he jailbroken before and just re jailbroke? He has a carrier unlock or requires a gevey or something different for his lock to work?

  9. #9
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,907
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    If it isn't factory unlocked, check the baseband (modem firmware) version.

  10. #10
    2k1
    2k1 is offline
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,057
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    That's what I'm think happen baseband got changed

  11. #11
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,907
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Right. Hopefully not though. But of course knowing the unlock method that was used before and which jailbreak tool was used could help us figure this out better.

  12. #12
    2k1
    2k1 is offline
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,057
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Agree. Now we wait for a response

  13. #13
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,907
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    ...waiting...

  14. #14
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Daniel212's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    532
    Thanks
    185
    Thanked 127 Times in 102 Posts

    He said it's the same 4.12.01, so is there a way to get it to be unlock again?

    I used absinthe, sorry about the wait, took a nap

  15. #15
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,907
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    How was the device unlocked. Gevey? Factory unlock? This is for sure an iPhone 4 not 4S, right?

  16. #16
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Daniel212's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    532
    Thanks
    185
    Thanked 127 Times in 102 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    How was the device unlocked. Gevey? Factory unlock? This is for sure an iPhone 4 not 4S, right?
    Yeah, iPhone 4, okay I ask him do he know how it was unlock? And this wht he said,"Nah. I just bought it off of eBay and I downloaded the SAMPrefs like they said too."

  17. #17
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,907
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Ok...so I'm guessing if he was told to download SAMPrefs, it was unlocked with SAM when that was available. You said you jailbroke it for him, he couldn't have downloaded SAMPrefs without the phone being jailbroken in the first place. What exactly did you do when he gave you the phone?

  18. #18
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Daniel212's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    532
    Thanks
    185
    Thanked 127 Times in 102 Posts

    This is wht he said after, "I don't know. It was unlocked when I bought it off of eBay." So idk, all I did was jailbreak it for him, I did it to his white iphone 4 before, and it was unlock before I jailbroken it for him and after it was fine, so was it because the baseband #?

  19. #19
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,907
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    No, the baseband isn't the problem. The problem is, the device was already jailbroken assuming SAM was used to unlock it. Running a jailbreak over an already jailbroken phone could've caused some sort of issue. I'm thinking twice about it though, I'm not so sure the device was unlocked with SAM but then I don't know why they would tell him to download SAMPrefs then.

    What exactly did he do with SAMPrefs? Did he do a series of steps with it?

    With him not knowing exactly how it was unlocked and not knowing much about an unlocked or jailbroken iPhone, it's really hard to fix this. The easiest solution I can present to him is to go on eBay and buy a factory unlock. It will unlock the device permanently so he won't ever have to worry about this again. The unlock is less than $10 on eBay. Blkcadi has used an eBay seller for factory unlocking multiple times. Shoot her a PM and ask her for it, be sure to tell her I sent you so she's aware of why you're messaging her.

    I definitely suggest just paying out the extra $10 bc honestly, it's difficult to use any other unlock method without running into these types of issues, especially with someone who doesn't have too much experience with this.

  20. #20
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Daniel212's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    532
    Thanks
    185
    Thanked 127 Times in 102 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    No, the baseband isn't the problem. The problem is, the device was already jailbroken assuming SAM was used to unlock it. Running a jailbreak over an already jailbroken phone could've caused some sort of issue. I'm thinking twice about it though, I'm not so sure the device was unlocked with SAM but then I don't know why they would tell him to download SAMPrefs then.

    What exactly did he do with SAMPrefs? Did he do a series of steps with it?

    With him not knowing exactly how it was unlocked and not knowing much about an unlocked or jailbroken iPhone, it's really hard to fix this. The easiest solution I can present to him is to go on eBay and buy a factory unlock. It will unlock the device permanently so he won't ever have to worry about this again. The unlock is less than $10 on eBay. Blkcadi has used an eBay seller for factory unlocking multiple times. Shoot her a PM and ask her for it, be sure to tell her I sent you so she's aware of why you're messaging her.

    I definitely suggest just paying out the extra $10 bc honestly, it's difficult to use any other unlock method without running into these types of issues, especially with someone who doesn't have too much experience with this.
    Okay I told him wht you said and he reply, " Can I just buy the Gevey ultra s sim from eBay ? And no I didn't do anything with the SAMPrefs. I looked online trying to see what I can do. The seller didn't tell me anything."

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts