+ Reply
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UNLOCK 'In-Contract/Out of Contract' iPhones (3G, 3GS, 4, 4S) without Restoring!!!

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I don't see how having any sim in the phone, even keeping an ATT one in, would have any bearing on a phone's IMEI being in Apple's unlock server. That
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,167 Times in 6,639 Posts

I don't see how having any sim in the phone, even keeping an ATT one in, would have any bearing on a phone's IMEI being in Apple's unlock server. That explanation doesn't make any sense.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I don't see how having any sim in the phone, even keeping an ATT one in, would have any bearing on a phone's IMEI being in Apple's unlock server. That explanation doesn't make any sense.
    IDK, either!
    It's the only thing that made sense to me since I was re-locked. It's interesting that NewDestiny did the same steps I did and was not affected. I DO KNOW that my wife's (Craigslist) iPhone was never unlocked, though.

Maybe I just have bad luck! LOL!

Regardless, I'm selling the unlocked ip4S starting in a couple hours! Excited to see what it'll bring in!

Thanks

Well, my iPhone 4S sold for $520 (supposedly)!!! Granted, i also had a charging case and several other accessories to go w/ it.

The buyer is from Khazikstan so hopefully it'll go through smoothly...

Thanks
    Thanked 7,568 Times in 3,858 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Well, my iPhone 4S sold for $520 (supposedly)!!! Granted, i also had a charging case and several other accessories to go w/ it.

That's about right. 32GB?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by newdestinyx View Post
    that's about right. 32gb?
    64gb

Thanks

64gb
    Ok.. Still a good price.. I've seen 64's go for a bit more.. But all is well.. That'll go a long way toward an iPhone 5!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Ok.. Still a good price.. I've seen 64's go for a bit more.. But all is well.. That'll go a long way toward an iPhone 5!!
    Maybe it was my timing but the majority of 64GBs I saw sold in the $400-450 price range. I'm surprised I actually got that much!!! Like I said, though, I 'hope' the buyer is legit...😕

Thanks

Maybe it was my timing but the majority of 64GBs I saw sold in the $400-450 price range. I'm surprised I actually got that much!!! Like I said, though, I 'hope' the buyer is legit...😕
    You always check for their positive feedback percentage on eBay. Never sell to anyone with 0% feedback or under 3 transactions. And always pay for "immediate payment required" in a ButItNow auction. Open auctions tend to attract non-legit buyers. Only 4-450 for a 64GB? Really? Well then the market's dropped off a bit. Or there's a glut of phones hitting the market. My friend sold his 32GB white unlocked iPhone 4, a couple weeks after the 4S came our for $525. That's what I was gauging it by.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

You always check for their positive feedback percentage on eBay. Never sell to anyone with 0% feedback or under 3 transactions. And always pay for "immediate payment required" in a ButItNow auction. Open auctions tend to attract non-legit buyers. Only 4-450 for a 64GB? Really? Well then the market's dropped off a bit. Or there's a glut of phones hitting the market. My friend sold his 32GB white unlocked iPhone 4, a couple weeks after the 4S came our for $525. That's what I was gauging it by.
    WOW! Not anymore...the iPhone 4 is selling around $250 & ip4S around $400-450; size of HD doesn't seem to be a major factor.

I remember selling my ip4 for around $400-500 when the ip4S came out but more carriers have added on since then.

BTW, the buyer paid even though he only had 1 transaction under his belt. I've moved the money over to my acct already & just have to wait till it 'officially' hits my bank.

Thanks

WOW! Not anymore...the iPhone 4 is selling around $250 & ip4S around $400-450; size of HD doesn't seem to be a major factor.

I remember selling my ip4 for around $400-500 when the ip4S came out but more carriers have added on since then.

BTW, the buyer paid even though he only had 1 transaction under his belt. I've moved the money over to my acct already & just have to wait till it 'officially' hits my bank.
    Well I know iP4 won't get that large a price anymore. I was trying to compare apples to apples. Now that the ip5 is out the 4S is the top price getter. But a year ago it was the ip4 getting the $450-$550 and it was dependent on HD size in those days. So thanks for the new data. Not sure why 'more carriers' now would be a factor in determining price of a used iPhone? Do tell.. :-)

Thanks

Well I know iP4 won't get that large a price anymore. I was trying to compare apples to apples. Now that the ip5 is out the 4S is the top price getter. But a year ago it was the ip4 getting the $450-$550 and it was dependent on HD size in those days. So thanks for the new data. Not sure why 'more carriers' now would be a factor in determining price of a used iPhone? Do tell.. :-)
    Less carriers meant less people having access to the iPhone on their service provider. Now that more carriers offer the iPhone at a discounted price w/ a contract, more people will pay for the phone and get a contract instead of buying a used, higher priced, unlocked phone and making it work w/ their carrier.

Thanks

Less carriers meant less people having access to the iPhone on their service provider. Now that more carriers offer the iPhone at a discounted price w/ a contract, more people will pay for the phone and get a contract instead of buying a used, higher priced, unlocked phone and making it work w/ their carrier.
    Hmm. I guess I remember the history differently. There were 3 carriers with contracts in America when the ip4s came out and there are 3 now. AT&T, Verizon, Sprint. Maybe you're referring to more 3rd party carriers. Right?

Thanks

Hmm. I guess I remember the history differently. There were 3 carriers with contracts in America when the ip4s came out and there are 3 now. AT&T, Verizon, Sprint. Maybe you're referring to more 3rd party carriers. Right?
    Sorry...I should've clarified. I was referring to worldwide carriers. Apple has added the iPhone to more international carriers, therefore, reducing the 'want' to buy a used iPhone.

Thanks

Sorry...I should've clarified. I was referring to worldwide carriers. Apple has added the iPhone to more international carriers, therefore, reducing the 'want' to buy a used iPhone.
    Ah- thanks for clarifying. I did not know more international carriers are offering contract locked iPhones. The highest prices Ive gotten on eBay for old phones have been from European buyers. So that makes perfect sense that international buyers would prefer lower price + contract deals if available. Bummer for us who are selling. It was mind blowing to me when I first learned that I could sell my old iPhones for double what I paid for them. Lol!!! Who knew!!?

Green Apple
    Thanks

just a heads up on unlock_fusion on ebay.
    I bought the unlock for $5.40, and gave them my IMEI number at 1130 am N.Y. time and was unlocked by 3:30 pm N.Y. time.
    iphone 4.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have made an order for today morning @ 6am. Still waiting for the response.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Good for you

Quote Originally Posted by robby65 View Post
    I bought the unlock for $5.40, and gave them my IMEI number at 1130 am N.Y. time and was unlocked by 3:30 pm N.Y. time.
    iphone 4.
    I bought an unlock from them today morning @6am and am still waiting for it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robby65 View Post
    iphone 4.
    Pretty great price!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I am unable to post via iPhone. What could be the issue?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mhdsuhail View Post
    I am unable to post via iPhone. What could be the issue?
    I can... Don't know what you're experiencing.