+ Reply
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UNLOCK 'In-Contract/Out of Contract' iPhones (3G, 3GS, 4, 4S) without Restoring!!!

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by raksrules @NewdestinyX I went back and read the entire thread and yes Simon has mentioned about OfficialUnlocks.com Now my main concern is that if we know unlock
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,558 Times in 3,853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
    @NewdestinyX

I went back and read the entire thread and yes Simon has mentioned about OfficialUnlocks.com
    Now my main concern is that if we know unlock fusion might be using not so straight forward ways then who is ? We never know right ?
    I see several listings on craiglist in my local area asking 50$ for unlock, i for some reason am skeptical about them as even they might be in turn using unlock fusion etc and pocketing the remaining 40$. Possible right ?

So can we have a list of the reliable sellers who can get the phone genuinely unlocked and remove the fear that it won't relock ?
    Sorry. But I doubt that's possible. Why? Because the whole unlock before end of contract, itself, is not legit as far as the carriers are concerned. It's a breech of our contract with them. So no - no guarantees. You're right to point out that a $50 price could be a reseller of a bottom feeders work. So like any good business it's word of mouth. I'll be taking Simon's recommendation for future with officialunlocks.com. To my recollection Simon's reported 100% success. But that may be with phones out of contract. Unlocking phones in contract is 'beating the system'. Maybe you'll get lucky - maybe not. But no guarantees when you're going "off grid".
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    So technically all AT&T iPhone 4S will be in contract as of today right ?
    Btw how much does officialunlock.com charge for the unlock ? I was unable to locate price on their website.
    The phone i bought online is a 2012 March production and i know it wont be out of contract for sure.
    Still i have applied for unlock from unlockfusion. Yet to receive the update(applied yesterday night only). I hope i don't loose my unlock.

In worst case scenario, is there any way i can convince AT&T that i have this iPhone 4S bought from craigslist Unlocked (i bought it locked knowing that i can unlock through ebay) but now it is locked and since i am going back to my home country i want it unlocked. I am actually going back in next 2 months and i have all proof in the world to show them that (visa expiry, tickets etc).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got an email from unlock fusion that the iPhone 4S i requested unlock for yesterday night has been unlocked now. I starightaway went to the following two websites and keyed in my IMEI numbers...

Free iPhone IMEI checker - iphoneox.com
    iPhone IMEI Checker with SIMLock Status

These were showing LOCKED an hour back but now it is showing UNLOCKED. I will keep on checking these websites periodically since i do not have the phone in my hand. I will be receiving the phone only by 20th end of the day (as per UPS).
    Last edited by raksrules; 09-18-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Thanks

So technically all AT&T iPhone 4S will be in contract as of today right ?
    Btw how much does officialunlock.com charge for the unlock ? I was unable to locate price on their website.
    The phone i bought online is a 2012 March production and i know it wont be out of contract for sure.
    Still i have applied for unlock from unlockfusion. Yet to receive the update(applied yesterday night only). I hope i don't loose my unlock.

In worst case scenario, is there any way i can convince AT&T that i have this iPhone 4S bought from craigslist Unlocked (i bought it locked knowing that i can unlock through ebay) but now it is locked and since i am going back to my home country i want it unlocked. I am actually going back in next 2 months and i have all proof in the world to show them that (visa expiry, tickets etc).

I just got an email from unlock fusion that the iPhone 4S i requested unlock for yesterday night has been unlocked now. I starightaway went to the following two websites and keyed in my IMEI numbers...

Free iPhone IMEI checker - iphoneox.com
    iPhone IMEI Checker with SIMLock Status

These were showing LOCKED an hour back but now it is showing UNLOCKED. I will keep on checking these websites periodically since i do not have the phone in my hand. I will be receiving the phone only by 20th end of the day (as per UPS).
    Great!!! Let's hope it stays unlocked for you. AT&T does offer unlock for phones purchased on Craig's List/ eBay if you can provide receipt/ proof of purchase. And only if the phone was out of contract. Other than that - probably no help from them from what I'm reading.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys guess what!? I emailed unlock fusion through their @gmail address (Thanks to rivryan for the tip ) and in less than an hour VOILA! both the 4S and 4 checked as unlocked on the IMEI checker.. I went ahead and popped in the non att micro sim on both of them, and both worked flawlessly.. I'm not sure if it had something to do with my email, since I never received a response, but the unlock happened so quickly after I messaged them, that I do think it might be related.. Anyways, I now have 3 success stories for Unlock Fusion, and although these last 2, took about 4 days to resolve, for $13 dollars a pop it's not a bad deal at all... Hope they remained unlock for good now

Thanks
    Thanked 9,166 Times in 5,674 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post

We're at a point where now five different phones are having problems with this method. I believe that Apple/AT&T is catching on to what is a "shady" process this guy on eBay has been using. and I fear Apple/AT&T will continue to go down their lists and start relocking phones - at least the ones that were in contract. You're likely ok with out of contract phones.

This was never a recommendation, only posted it because of a member had asked me and I posted my personal experience, so I did vouch for his service as it has worked for me so many times with zero issues.

I not sure I buy 100% into an explanation that another mod posted about Unlock Fusion being a scam. Think about it, If I asked my oil change place about the guy down the street, what do you think he is going to say. Mine is better, he's a hack, he does it with illegal aliens blah blah blah.

Simon also told me what his guy said, and so we are all suppose to believe what a competitor said. Fact is fact, your call.

I also know that the other service has had it's victims also. Search the forums for posts.

I posted this info with no agenda, not making a single penny on it, just passing on the word.
    The 5% fail rate I believe is what the issue is, I as many here know, this works, and I know for sure that hundreds of phones have been unlocked with his service.
    For me, it was worth $9.00 to check it out and see if it worked, it did, on at least 30+ phones I have personally done. But don't do it because of that, make your own call.
    Please do not use this seller if you think you are being scammed.

I'm not in any way trying to justify this necessarily, my intent was only to pass on a great deal to our members.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 09-23-2012 at 05:44 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

robby65 (10-09-2012)

Thanks

I just wanted to post and say that I took a chance on this last night, and it worked.

I managed to find a listing by unlock_fusion for $7.68

I bought the auction around midnight, I then instantly received an email with my user/pass combo for his website queue. Logged in, entered in my IMEI and other info requested, and hit submit.

This morning at 11:30am I received an email telling me my phone had been unlocked.

I deactivated through SAM, and plugged into iTunes and received a message stating I was unlocked.

I have yet to test this with another SIM

Device IMEI: 0129********269
    Product description: iPhone 4S 32GB Black
    Telephone technical support: Expired
    Warranty(repairs and service coverage): Active
    Warranty expiration date: October 13, 2012
    Activation status: Activated
    Is registered: Yes
    Sim lock status: Unlocked
    Last edited by MrBucket101; 09-24-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Thanks

@ MrBucket101
    Glad to hear it worked for u! My ip4S, though, is now showing LOCKED again by several sites so I really need to test a T-Mo SIM to verify if I'm locked or unlocked.

The second phone I, supposedly, unlocked wont even get the iTunes Confirmation and I've emailed Unlock Fusion three times w/ no response. I'm not sure this is legitimate anymore...

I'll keep u all updated on my situation.
    Last edited by thazsar; 09-26-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    @ MrBucket101
    Glad to hear it worked for u! My ip4S, though, is now showing LOCKED again by several sites so I really need to test a T-Mo SIM to verify of I'm locked or unlocked.

The second phone I, supposedly, unlocked wont even get the iTunes Confirmation and I've emailed Unlock Fusion three times w/ no response. I'm not sure this is legitimate anymore...

I'll keep u all updated on my situation.
    I haven't checked mine in a while. I will today. If my phone says locked again.. I'll be "on a mission".... well... nuff said.

EDITED: I'm still unlocked. 3 weeks now. I'm satisfied it's permanent.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-26-2012 at 09:36 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone schtozo's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry for my ignorance! I want to confirm if i have to be jailbroken for this process to function properly? Iphone 4s totaly virgin. Im traveling in the next 2 weeks and nee an unlock, is there any if im not jailbroken?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by schtozo View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance! I want to confirm if i have to be jailbroken for this process to function properly? Iphone 4s totaly virgin. Im traveling in the next 2 weeks and nee an unlock, is there any if im not jailbroken?
    Jailbreaking and Unlocking are two different things. Jailbreak is not necessary for the unlock (IMEI unlock).
    In your case, just use some ebay seller to get your phone unlocked and you are set.

Thanks

I haven't checked mine in a while. I will today. If my phone says locked again.. I'll be "on a mission".... well... nuff said.

EDITED: I'm still unlocked. 3 weeks now. I'm satisfied it's permanent.
    That's great, bro! Hopefully my phones will have the same results...

Thanks

That's great, bro! Hopefully my phones will have the same results...
    Did you use UnlockFusion from eBay? Remember most of these places say that they can get unlocks for 99.5% of their people. Some folks here will fall into that .5%. :-(

Thanks

Did you use UnlockFusion from eBay? Remember most of these places say that they can get unlocks for 99.5% of their people. Some folks here will fall into that .5%. :-(
    Yes, I used unlock fusion from eBay and I bought two unlocks at the same time. The first one was confirmed unlocked in iTunes but now all websites say its locked and the second phone never showed an iTunes confirmation even after restoring it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone schtozo's Avatar
    Thanks

Jailbreaking and Unlocking are two different things. Jailbreak is not necessary for the unlock (IMEI unlock).
    In your case, just use some ebay seller to get your phone unlocked and you are set.
    Yeah i know they are two different things, but i read first post talking about sam thus my question.. Anyways i did purchase unlockfusion code from ebay for $7 and two hours later y received an email confirming that my imei has been unlocked! Now im waiting to finish work and go home to do the restore and see if it worked!
    Thanks

Thanks

Yes, I used unlock fusion from eBay and I bought two unlocks at the same time. The first one was confirmed unlocked in iTunes but now all websites say its locked and the second phone never showed an iTunes confirmation even after restoring it.
    Yeah. I hope you're not in that 0.5% crack of people they can't help. There are MANY more sites out there that can - if they can't. Unless the phones have a bad history of some sort with AT&T. Strange that you've had problems with 'two' phones too. Weird. Have you emailed the UnlockFusion guy several times. His customer service is 'poor' from what I've been told. One guy got satisfaction only after he 'opened a case' with eBay.. Hard ball 'does work' with eBay sellers. "Cases" are their worst nightmares.. I know - I'm an eBay seller of audio equipment. Worst thing to get is an eBay case file.. UGGH..

Thanks

Yeah. I hope you're not in that 0.5% crack of people they can't help. There are MANY more sites out there that can - if they can't. Unless the phones have a bad history of some sort with AT&T. Strange that you've had problems with 'two' phones too. Weird. Have you emailed the UnlockFusion guy several times. His customer service is 'poor' from what I've been told. One guy got satisfaction only after he 'opened a case' with eBay.. Hard ball 'does work' with eBay sellers. "Cases" are their worst nightmares.. I know - I'm an eBay seller of audio equipment. Worst thing to get is an eBay case file.. UGGH..
    I've emailed him three times w/ no reply. My last email said that I'm gonna file a complaint if I don't hear back. I'll give him two more days to respond and then I'm contacting eBay.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,054 Times in 4,200 Posts

If ya phone is on AT&T I know someone on here that will do it for ya 30 bucks if I'm not mistaken lemme know.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    If ya phone is on AT&T I know someone on here that will do it for ya 30 bucks if I'm not mistaken lemme know.
    Thing is, I'm about to sell this phone and I've noticed that being unlocked isn't bringing in as much as it used to. I've already spent $10 for an unlock so if it doesn't work, I'm not gonna worry about it

Found out my buddy has a micro SIM for T-Mo so I'm gonna confirm this once and for all!
    Last edited by thazsar; 09-26-2012 at 06:06 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I would like to say that yesterday I purchased an unlock from him, and today I got the unlock success screen.

The phone wasn't stolen, or had any outstanding bills with ATT. It is the Iphone 4

I am using it with tmobile as we speak, and its working fine. I have another one I need to unlock. After reading this thread I am a little worried using his services, but I will go take another chance.

Is there anyone else that does unlock for around the same price more reliably?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

works like a charm.

+ Reply
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast