+ Reply
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UNLOCK 'In-Contract/Out of Contract' iPhones (3G, 3GS, 4, 4S) without Restoring!!!

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
The seller just responded in a very rude and unprofessional manner that he will try to fix this. I'm still not convinced.
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The seller just responded in a very rude and unprofessional manner that he will try to fix this. I'm still not convinced.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,803 Times in 6,884 Posts

Funny how a paypal dispute always gets a seller to respond right away when emails were going ignored before huh lol

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Funny how a paypal dispute always gets a seller to respond right away when emails were going ignored before huh lol
    Yes he was very mad that I opened a case lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    I have had to do the same thing a few times, have gone days without a response from a seller on ebay. Start a paypal dispute and all of a sudden the communication lines get opened back up right away.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,487 Times in 4,302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    You did the right thing opening a case. That's the only thing that gets attention 'cause a Seller's cred on eBay is his living. People don't buy from sellers with less than 99.5% positive feedback.

But you have to STOP calling it a scam! It is not. You are the only one so far for whom this has not worked. Hundreds have gotten their phones permanently unlocked. Scams are situations where ZERO % of people get their service for their $. So please stop using that term. You'll get your case resolved. And they'll refund you if you're really one of the 0.05% of people they can't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I have had to do the same thing a few times, have gone days without a response from a seller on ebay. Start a paypal dispute and all of a sudden the communication lines get opened back up right away.
    Yeah. I've had to use it a couple of times and it always gets their attention. As an eBay Seller myself - it's my most dreaded fear - a 'case'.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-14-2012 at 03:41 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think him opening that paypal case got him to send out emails because I finally received mine lol. He probably got scared. Gonna try to backup and restore now to see if everything works out for me!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 779 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    I think him opening that paypal case got him to send out emails because I finally received mine lol. He probably got scared. Gonna try to backup and restore now to see if everything works out for me!
    So what's ur status???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    So what's ur status???
    Well for some reason when I backed up and restored I wasnt getting the "congratulations" message. I tried it three times to no avail. So I jailbroke the phone and used the SAM method that was posted in the first post of this thread and it worked right away. The phone is now in the hands of my buyer and I'm playing the waiting game for my iPhone 5

Thanks

Well for some reason when I backed up and restored I wasnt getting the "congratulations" message. I tried it three times to no avail. So I jailbroke the phone and used the SAM method that was posted in the first post of this thread and it worked right away. The phone is now in the hands of my buyer and I'm playing the waiting game for my iPhone 5
    I knew it would work! Glad you're all good now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I knew it would work! Glad you're all good now.
    Thanks to you and everyone else that helped out with the unlock process. I'll be sending you all fruit baskets.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,529 Times in 5,848 Posts

Cool beans.

Thanks

how do you keep the jailbreak after receiving this unlock? Since it asks you to plug to itunes and "restore" how do you by pass this and keep the jailbreak?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rivryan View Post
    how do you keep the jailbreak after receiving this unlock? Since it asks you to plug to itunes and "restore" how do you by pass this and keep the jailbreak?
    Read the first post.

Thanks

just did this! waiting patiently till monday i guess since they don't process over the weekends -_____-

Green Apple
    Thanks

Mines was done during the weekend. Used this method on my wife's phone so she can use iOS6.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dont h8 dre View Post
    Mines was done during the weekend. Used this method on my wife's phone so she can use iOS6.
    Unlocking your phone has nothing to do with which iOS version you're able to use. Not sure what you're referring to there.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Unlocking your phone has nothing to do with which iOS version you're able to use. Not sure what you're referring to there.
    Probably his wife requires a jailbreak and unlock to use on their carrier. With iOS 6 around the corner and no jailbreak in sight a factory unlock lets you upgrade to new iOS and keep current carrier.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes with the need of Gevey Sim we just unlocked our device so that we did not need to have our phones Jailbroken in order to use iOS6.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
    Probably his wife requires a jailbreak and unlock to use on their carrier. With iOS 6 around the corner and no jailbreak in sight a factory unlock lets you upgrade to new iOS and keep current carrier.
    This is enormously confusing. Any iPhone on any carrier regardless of unlocked status will be able to use iOS6. One has nothing to do with the other. What am I missing?!?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vietkool's Avatar
    Thanks

work great on my 4S
    thanks for the guilde...