Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UNLOCK 'In-Contract/Out of Contract' iPhones (3G, 3GS, 4, 4S) without Restoring!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I can... Don't know what you're experiencing.
    I posted that from the iPhone itself. But my previous posts didn't go through. Weird.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mhdsuhail View Post
    I have made an order for today morning @ 6am. Still waiting for the response.
    Got it unlocked. Once I put the non-AT&T sim, it started working. I didnt have to follow the steps mentioned. Would that create problems in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by mhdsuhail View Post
    Got it unlocked. Once I put the non-AT&T sim, it started working. I didnt have to follow the steps mentioned. Would that create problems in the future?
    Nope. The instructions clearly say that one method of confirming unlock is to simply put in a foreign SIM. Done! You're good!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

mhdsuhail (10-13-2012)

There's no need to go through all those steps. I use redsn0w to deactivate my iphone 4 in DFU mode, then put in my tmobile sim card and activate it thru the iphone4's screen when it was connected over wifi. no need for itunes or downloading SAM.

run redsn0w, click jailbreak, put phone in dfu mode, check box "deactivate" ONLY, click next and it will do its thing.
    connect to wifi with your sim card and it will activate with the following screen instructions. it's so simple!

Quote Originally Posted by nrgonline View Post
    There's no need to go through all those steps. I use redsn0w to deactivate my iphone 4 in DFU mode, then put in my tmobile sim card and activate it thru the iphone4's screen when it was connected over wifi. no need for itunes or downloading SAM.

run redsn0w, click jailbreak, put phone in dfu mode, check box "deactivate" ONLY, click next and it will do its thing.
    connect to wifi with your sim card and it will activate with the following screen instructions. it's so simple!
    Many people won't have a SIM at home to check their unlock. That's why the SAM + iTunes method is better for many.

in my method, i just used the free IMEI online checker to see if my phone has been unlocked. Reason because my iphone 4 was on ios6 and there's no JB so i couldnt use SAM.

I got my iPhone 4 unlocked through unlock_fusion, I did all the necessary steps and got it working.

However, there was a Gevey SIM inside the whole time, so when I took it out and restored the phone to iOS6, all it keeps saying is "No SIM installed."

I checked the IMEI checkers and they all say it's been unlocked, what could be the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Munchzors View Post
    I got my iPhone 4 unlocked through unlock_fusion, I did all the necessary steps and got it working.

However, there was a Gevey SIM inside the whole time, so when I took it out and restored the phone to iOS6, all it keeps saying is "No SIM installed."

I checked the IMEI checkers and they all say it's been unlocked, what could be the problem?
    I'm pretty sure I read that Gevey doesn't work with iOS 6 (yet).
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-19-2012 at 03:22 PM.

Oh, okay. But I did it without Gevey, and "No SIM installed" is what came up is what I meant.

I think it's the way the SIM is cut to fit with Gevey, idk.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,547 Times in 7,108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Munchzors View Post
    Oh, okay. But I did it without Gevey, and "No SIM installed" is what came up is what I meant.

I think it's the way the SIM is cut to fit with Gevey, idk.
    Could be the sim card. Get a new one and try that. Or it could be the sim contacts on the phone itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Funny how a paypal dispute always gets a seller to respond right away when emails were going ignored before huh lol
    Because there is a revenue involved when a dispute is opened, seller won't get it away
    Contact me to "factory unlock" any iPhone!

Can't you also use the deactivate option on redsn0w,
    I'm on ios 6 and sam isn't working on ios 6

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spyzz83 View Post
    Can't you also use the deactivate option on redsn0w,
    I'm on ios 6 and sam isn't working on ios 6
    I am sure you can.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Spyzz83 (10-21-2012)

Hey guys I have a question. My iphone 4 was originally locked to At&t, but I unlocked it using the SAM method back when it was working. Now supposedly my phone is currently locked to TMN (my portuguese operator). If I wanna get an unlock in one of these sites, I gotta say my phone is locked to AT&T or my current operator TMN?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fcp View Post
    Hey guys I have a question. My iphone 4 was originally locked to At&t, but I unlocked it using the SAM method back when it was working. Now supposedly my phone is currently locked to TMN (my portuguese operator). If I wanna get an unlock in one of these sites, I gotta say my phone is locked to AT&T or my current operator TMN?
    SAM doesnt change who the phone is locked to. If it was locked to ATT then it is still locked to ATT so that is who you have to get it unlocked with.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

fcp (10-21-2012)

thnx for the answer

Have a 3GS that was jailbroken and unlocked with Ultrasnow. Requested ATT to unlock and got their message it was OK. Did NOT want to restore to new S/W version so I used method above. I first uninstalled Ultrasnow and used my ATT Sim and followed steps above. Worked perfectly and I verified using a TIM Brazilian chip here in US. Thanks

Default I don't understand these instructions (assume you've already jbroken, no good)
    What good is this method if you don't have Cydia installed (i.e., not jailbroken because on ios 6.0)??

1. I have iphone 4s running ios 6.0.
    2. this phone has never been jailbroken or unlocked (but waiting on response email from at&t--should arrive in day or so).
    3. i'm very concerned now that ios 6.0.1 was released. i do Not want to restore/update to this newest firmware just to complete the imei unlock of my phone.
    4. i've already been waiting weeks for devteam to release updated jailbreak software so i can customize my phone on ios 6.0.
    5. therefore, i don't want to mess anything up (meaning, accidentally update to 6.0.1) while unlocking my phone.

Advice please??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dt3001 View Post
    What good is this method if you don't have Cydia installed (i.e., not jailbroken because on ios 6.0)??

1. I have iphone 4s running ios 6.0.
    2. this phone has never been jailbroken or unlocked (but waiting on response email from at&t--should arrive in day or so).
    3. i'm very concerned now that ios 6.0.1 was released. i do Not want to restore/update to this newest firmware just to complete the imei unlock of my phone.
    4. i've already been waiting weeks for devteam to release updated jailbreak software so i can customize my phone on ios 6.0.
    5. therefore, i don't want to mess anything up (meaning, accidentally update to 6.0.1) while unlocking my phone.

Advice please??
    You don't need this method then. Just put a sim in the phone that is not ATT. It will kick back to activation screen. Connect to wifi or itunes then it will activate and be unlocked.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast