+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it possible to unlock my iPhone 4, 5.1.1, 04.12.01

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello, I lost my iPhone while travelling through Thailand, I had a jailbroken iPhone 4 on a T-Mobile UK contract. After losing the iPhone I rang T-Mobile and they sent
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Is it possible to unlock my iPhone 4, 5.1.1, 04.12.01
    Hello,

I lost my iPhone while travelling through Thailand, I had a jailbroken iPhone 4 on a T-Mobile UK contract. After losing the iPhone I rang T-Mobile and they sent me a replacement sim card to my address in England. I am now in Australia, I have purchased a second hand iPhone which is locked to Optus network in Australia. While waiting for my replacement sim to be sent to Australia I jailbroke the iPhone with redsn0w 0.9.14b2 and restored my iPhone from iCloud. Brilliant, I thought, as I would just be able to pop the sim card in when it arrived and I would have a working iPhone again.

However, the sim card arrived today and it says "no service" in the top left corner, and there is no carrier settings in the iPhone settings. I skyped T-Mobile and they said the sim card has been activated and it should be working. I tried resetting the network settings and turning off and on, turning airplane mode on then turning off and on then turning off airplane mode, and it still doesn't work. If I was to reset the iPhone completely, then jailbreak again with redsn0w, would it work? Or is it impossible to do on 5.1.1 with 04.12.01?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Nope. 4.12.01 cannot be unlocked at this point and time.

Your only hope is to get it factory unlocked. Unlock iPhone, Official iPhone Unlock, Apple iTunes Unlock is a well trusted source for these around here. But, they are a bit on the expensive side. There are many other sellers of this service on eBay, so you may try that as well. Just be sure that they have good customer ratings and that they are a trusted seller before purchasing an unlock.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.