Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Can You Unlock iOS 6?
09-10-2012, 03:57 PM #1
Can You Unlock iOS 6?
Now it is great time to talk about iOS 6 unlock. After newest Apple iOS release many iPhone users want to update their gadgets to the newer iOS firmware but a big part of them canít do this because they donít want to lose unlock.
Iím talking about those who are using Gevey Sim or ultrasn0w or any other unofficial unlocking solution. So I have this problem as well.
Iím iPhone 4 owner and Iím using Gevey Sim. My current baseband is 04.10.01 running on iOS 4.3.5 and Iím tired from this very old firmware and want to update my iPhone to iOS 6. I missed iOS 5, 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 and I donít want to miss iOS 6 update this time.
But as I said I knew that I would lose my unlock after iOS and baseband update. So I donít know what to do. I need help.
Just recently I have found info about iOS 6 unlock methods but I donít know if I can count on it. Can somebody give me a good advice?
09-10-2012, 09:25 PM #2
Considering public release hasn't occurred yet, that's likely not happening. Give it some time before updating to iOS 6. Gevey took a little bit of time to update the product to work with iOS 5, even with preserved basebands from iOS 4 it did not work until Gevey updated the product. Currently, Gevey is working fine with a preserved baseband on iOS 5 for the iPhone 4.
Gevey is evidently also providing an IMEI unlock, which is permanent. This is likely going to be able to be done on iOS 6. If you have an AT&T phone, consider dropping the extra money for the IMEI unlock. For future updates to iOS 6, the IMEI unlock is permanent so you no longer have to worry about future updates.
Edit: Give blkcadi a PM. She's gotten some official unlocking done for cheap prices. Tell her I sent you so she knows, if you're interested. You're better off with an official unlock than using something like Gevey, in the long run.
09-11-2012, 10:15 AM #3
Thank you for your advice. I think I better wait a while till there will be possibility to downgrade iOS 6
09-11-2012, 04:55 PM #4
I'm not sure I'm understanding what it was that you were inquiring about now. What does downgrading firmware iOS 6 have in relationship to your need to preserve the baseband for unlocking? Right now, you can actually already upgrade to 5.1.1 and jailbreak and keep the unlock with Gevey if you're not liking 4.3.5. Once iOS 6 comes on the 12th (tomorrow) then that's when concern should rise. Even then the initial few days of a new fw release, 5.1.1 will still be available to upgrade to. The opportunity today is actually the best time to upgrade to 5.1.1 at least so while you're waiting for whatever it is you are waiting for for iOS 6, you are already upgraded to 5.1.1.
10-15-2012, 05:45 AM #5
The Following User Says Thank You to Marzan For This Useful Post:
10-21-2012, 08:27 AM #6
Well buddy, factory unlock is your best option IMOContact me to "factory unlock" any iPhone!
12-12-2012, 09:04 PM #7
12-18-2012, 03:05 AM #8