+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Serious Problem: iPhone 4s 5.1.1 won't activate

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey there, this is my first post so if I'm a little off-base in terms of posting etiquette please forgive me. First, some specs: I have an iPhone 4s with
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Serious Problem: iPhone 4s 5.1.1 won't activate
    Hey there, this is my first post so if I'm a little off-base in terms of posting etiquette please forgive me. First, some specs:

I have an iPhone 4s with 5.1.1. on Verizon. Not unlocked, it's legitimate with original SIM card.

Anyways, here is my issue.

I was running a jailbroken 5.0.1 earlier today and randomly my phone started saying "Searching..." for hours and couldn't get a signal. I tried resetting network settings, rebooting, etc and nothing fixed it; the best advice I could find online was just to reset it. I did, and in the process upgraded to 5.1.1. I figured it would just factory reset and put it on and then I could re-jailbreak later if I felt like it. However, now I have an even bigger issue than the one before.

I'm stuck in activation. I go through the setup, tell it my location, set up wifi, and then it goes to activate and says that i have an "Unknown Device" and to go to an Apple Store. If I try to activate through iTunes, it tells me "there is a problem with your iPhone. Go to an Apple Store." I did some googling around with those error messages and found nothing helpful at all; people either weren't talking about it or they said "well just go to the Apple Store" but I have a lingering feeling that since my phone has been jailbroken in the past they probably won't do very much for me.

I've considered downgrading to 5.0.1, but since I factory restored my phone, I have a sinking feeling that the SHSH Blobs are gone and I don't know if it's possible. Honestly, I didn't even know about Blobs until about 15 minutes ago. Probably why I don't have them anymore

Is there anything I can do, or am I bricked? Any help is totally appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Have you tried activating in iTunes without the SIM card in?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,515 Times in 5,842 Posts

What error #'s are you getting in iTunes?