+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS new BR baseband 06:15:00 corrupt - almost back

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have an iPhone 3GS which has 5.1.1 installed as well as 06.15.00 baseband. It is a new BR version and with the iPad baseband. Ooops. Normally the iPhone powers
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default iPhone 3GS new BR baseband 06:15:00 corrupt - almost back
    I have an iPhone 3GS which has 5.1.1 installed as well as 06.15.00 baseband. It is a new BR version and with the iPad baseband. Ooops. Normally the iPhone powers on and says a restore is needed and the modem, bluetooth, signal, wifi, etc are all blank.

You can see the normal details in the attachment.

iPhone 3GS new BR baseband 06:15:00 corrupt - almost back-img_0011_no-bb.png

However, it is the only iPhone I have in a semi-working state at the moment so I carry it around for my contact list. I powered it off on a flight and charged it when I returned home. When it turned on to my surprise the following showed up. Yes, it recognised the baseband. There wasn't a SIM card installed and so I don't know how much of the baseband worked.

iPhone 3GS new BR baseband 06:15:00 corrupt - almost back-img_0010-modem-found.png

During the night it rebooted and back to it's same old state But what that means to me is that the baseband isn't completely corrupted. And it just needs some tweaking to fix something.

I have SSHS as a good back up from before the upgrade errors. You can see two screenshots from TinyUmbrealla below (now and with 4.2.1 SSHS).

iPhone 3GS new BR baseband 06:15:00 corrupt - almost back-tu_421_20120430.jpgiPhone 3GS new BR baseband 06:15:00 corrupt - almost back-tu_temp_20120831.jpg

So, any ideas what I can install/ uninstall / patch / to try and fix the modem issue?

Thanks!
    Andy

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,640 Posts

Why don't you run Redsn0w 0.9.14b2 and downgrade your baseband to 05.13.xx first to see if it fixes your baseband.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Thanks for the idea iYeow.

1/ I set up redsnow 0.9.14b2 and entered DFU mode.
    2/ On many attempts it died with either redsnow crashing, or 'usb not recognised' appearing mid-way through the exploiting with limerain, identification process or uploading stage.
    2a/ It eventually let me in and I chose 'downgrade baseband' only (I am unsure which version it tried to download to). Already on the iPhone 5.1.1 was installed without Cydia or anything else.
    3/ The crack started doing it stuff. The code rattled through. The half-bitten, running, black pineapple man (who thought up that logo anyway?) appeared and 'flashing baseband don't interrupt!' appeared and slowly worked its magic.
    4/ The infamous white apple logo. I left it some time longer to reboot and progress bar appeared.
    5/ The iPhone restarted with a new configuration.
    6/ Still no modem firmware listed, no signal, no Wi-Fi, no Bluetooth. The message 'restore needed' appeared.

So, it seems I can't downgrade my baseband automatically through redsnow.

Is there a way to patch firmware and baseband together? I haven't fount out how to do any patching, blobbing,etc yet, so any helpful tutorials appreciated...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

Newer 3GS' will mess up the modem thus making them impossible to reflash unless you go through some sort of miracle. Sorry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yeah I know. I thought I was on some sort of miracle, or luck (apart from taking a flight which arrived just in time to witness my baby being born - a week early than expected!), as the phone did recognise the 06.15.00 baseband for a short period as I explained in the first post.

The annoying thing is all the tutorials say do not upgrade serial numbers xx134 or higher. My serial is xx030. So I am not sure why it has the new BR bootrom and how it became corrupted.

I will keep perservering and hope the people with the knowledge work out a workable patch.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,167 Times in 6,639 Posts

After trying to downgrade your baseband with redsnow it leaves you with no baseband correct. At that point try a normal restore to stock 5.1.1 firmware to see if it can get the normal baseband on there. Ultrasnow won't work on it but it may fix your baseband. And there are always other ways to get it unlocked if it does.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,640 Posts

You may already have a baseband hardware issue as mentioned in your first post " BB comes and goes ".