Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 Activation

that is quite weird that a message did not popup when you selected Simple Mode...

I know this may be trivial but are you using sn0wbreeze v2.9.6?

YI recently downloaded V2.96...I even tried try it again and still no request for activation or pop up in both expert or simple modes. If someone can test it out and see if that does work or not.

it does work, otherwise I wouldnt have known what to tell you

if you have a security software, temporarily disable it while you create the custom firmware, it may be preventing sn0wbreeze's popup message

I took your advice and disabled my security software but still no pop up for activation or the ability to select activation in the expert mode. This is very frustrating knowing its sooooooooo close .
    Last edited by mike123333; 09-05-2012 at 08:01 PM.

I finally got the pop up or the ability to check off the activation part of the program. Twe only way it would work is downloading a GSM 5.1.1 FW instead of CDMA 5.1.1 which is what the phones FW is. Once I enter itunes for downloading I get an incompatibility FW error. Is the activation part of snowbreeze supposed to work for both the GSM and CDMA?

Any advice as to what I can do?

I apologize for the misleading information, I guess I didnt re-read your first post when you mentioned it was a verizon iphone

unfortunately for CDMA iphones, you cannot "hactivate", or in other words, activate it without that phone being in contract with verizon

Thanks for the reply, that is kind of what I was afraid of. would I be able to activate through page plus ( that was going to be my intent after I was able to get into the phone) or use it as an ipod worst case. there is no way for me to get the IMEI number from the phone without being able to get to the actual menu inside the phone. Ayone know if I would take it to a verizon store whether they would be able to activate it without a contract maybe like their prepaid plan?

Quote Originally Posted by mike123333 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, that is kind of what I was afraid of. would I be able to activate through page plus ( that was going to be my intent after I was able to get into the phone) or use it as an ipod worst case. there is no way for me to get the IMEI number from the phone without being able to get to the actual menu inside the phone. Ayone know if I would take it to a verizon store whether they would be able to activate it without a contract maybe like their prepaid plan?
    I'm not too familiar with CDMA iphones as I dont deal with it much, but if you cant get pass the activation screen, you cant access anything else...

As far as activating it, if you have a verizon prepaid plan, contact them and see if they can activate this iphone on their network for you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12