+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 4 5.1.1 bb 4.12.01 bricked HELP

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Tried to unlock iphone 4 on 5.1.1 on bb 4.12.01 locked to 3uk, in my ignorance didnt realise it was not possible. ok so jailbroke with absinth then installed SAM,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone 4 5.1.1 bb 4.12.01 bricked HELP
    Tried to unlock iphone 4 on 5.1.1 on bb 4.12.01 locked to 3uk, in my ignorance didnt realise it was not possible.
    ok so jailbroke with absinth then installed SAM, deregistered with sam pushed a few more buttons..
    now the original sim wont register tried stockifying and I have tried factory reset from itunes but the iphone still complains incompatable sim.
    currently hacktivated reinstalled SAM pressed more buttons but still no joy with original sim.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no one :-(

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

update

ok I beleive that the stockification process has caused the problem, just dont know what to do about it, found this info How To Fix The iPhone SIM Card Not Supported Error | TheDailyBuggle searched the phones model number which actually pointed to o2,
    the phone will register with an o2 simcard but will not provide a signal, I beleive this is to do with the modem firmware ? I think that the phones OS is locked to o2 and the modem is locked to 3uk

Thanks

[QUOTE=tawn10;6662000]Tried to unlock iphone 4 on 5.1.1 on bb 4.12.01 locked to 3uk, in my ignorance didnt realise it was not possible.
    ok so jailbroke with absinth then installed SAM, deregistered with sam pushed a few more buttons..
    now the original sim wont register tried stockifying and I have tried factory reset from itunes but the iphone still complains incompatable sim.
    currently hacktivated reinstalled SAM pressed more buttons but still no joy with original sim.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ![/QUOTE. Restore it or take it to your nearest apple store and they will sort out for free
    Rest

Thanks

If your phone was bought via 3 with a phone contract the iPhone will be locked (OS and all) to 3. No amount of software hacking will alter this because the baseband isn't unlockable with Ultrasn0w yet.

However, that said if you put the phone into DFU mode and set it up as a totally new phone after the restore using iOS 5.1.1 (9B208) and iTunes without hactivation it should activate fine with the original SIM you had this the phone provided by 3. At that point, follow the iOS 5 setup wizard on the phone and insert the original SIM to activate iPhone. Hactivation can cause issues with Push notifications amongst another things.