Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Major, major dilemma

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, you have managed to get into forced DFU mode ok. So I think next would be to enter Pwned DFU mode and try restoring to stock iOS4.1 first. If that works then do a normal iTunes upgrade. If you get an iTunes error, you will still be in DFU mode so the recovery fix should work followed by the just boot. There are ways to downgrade your baseband which may help with the errors.

Maybe you misread what I said, but I can't get into DFU mode. All of my force attempts through shift restores have given me all errors. I can get into Recovery from TU, but that's it. I'm stuck with normal mode with the dumb activation screen or recovery mode.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

What errors are you getting?
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GottaLoveRice View Post
    I've used an ENTER_DFU ipsw made from stock 5.1.1 firmware before. Since my only way into recovery mode is through TinyUmbrella, I've used shift click restore on the ENTER_DFU ipsw that redsn0w has made for me before. I just get the same errors. Now that you told me the problem about error 3194, I'm kind of lost as to why I still get that error with 5.1.1 if it's still being signed..
    Presuming you can repeat this step, you could get the ENTER_DFU ipsw and then use that to make it a NO_BB no baseband version as you have the iPad baseband

@H4CK3R, same old same old Mr. Error 3194.

@DC_Dave, I have a NO_BB ipsw of 5.1.1 also, but I've never tried a restore with it. At least, I don't think so...
    But what exactly do you mean when you say, "you could get the ENTER_DFU ipsw and then use that to make it a NO_BB no baseband version as you have the iPad baseband."

I've already tried a different computer that installed a fresh iTunes and it didn't work either. Error 3194. It seems like I've done every possible solution that has worked for people to fix 3194 and they all failed me

Thanks

Hi, you have already done an iTunes restore with a Force DFU version of stock 5.1.1 ipsw. But as you have a non stock baseband, I thought it might be worth using Redsnow to convert your Force DFU to a Force DFU with no baseband and give that a go.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DC_Dave For This Useful Post:

GottaLoveRice (09-04-2012)

Ahhhhhhh... alright. I got'cha. I'll try that right now and edit the post and let you know in a bit.
    Btw, when I use TU to put my phone in recovery, should the TSS server be on or off?

Edit: Did it, and now I have a new error
    Error 21

Edit2: Forgot to remove gs apple stuff from hosts so I tried the same ENTER_DFU NO_BB ipsw file again. This time, iTunes said Preparing iPhone for restore for a good 2-3 minutes, then I got error 1604...
    Last edited by GottaLoveRice; 09-01-2012 at 12:59 PM.

Thanks

Hi, i thinking restore error 1604 needs iReb or Redsnow recovery fix to finish off the process as the firmware has already loaded. You should still be in DFU mode so it will work straight away.

Recovery fix from redsn0w requires DFU mode, and the force DFU ipsw's I restore to do NOT put my iPhone 3GS in DFU. For error 3194, it would boot my 3GS back to normal mode from recovery mode and go to the activation screen that I hate so much >_<
    The recent errors I've been getting, like 1604, just fail and keep my device in recovery. I've never been able to achieve DFU.

Thanks

Hi, I don't know if this LLB method is any different than the one you already tried?
    How to enter iPhone or iPod DFU mode without a working Home or Power button - YouTube
    this is from blog
    Enter DFU mode without home or power button (Video Tutorial) | iPhoneBlogr.com
    Some of the blog replies are worth reading
    If it does work, the Dev Team have some notes on downgrading your baseband first
    Dev-Team Blog - 0615 fun

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DC_Dave For This Useful Post:

I've tried that method already a couple times or so and it didn't work. What exactly does downgrading your baseband do? And is there any downsides to doing it? Is there a way to go back to 6.15 if I want? Or is it not necessary or recommended?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

Using Ipad baseband breaks your GPS. therefore downgrading to 05.13.04 will allow you to unlock with Ultrasn0w and fix your GPS issues.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Alright, the amount of frustration has finally come to an end
    I did what DC_Dave told me to do with the LLB file (ONCE AGAIN...) and this time it worked. I was able to jailbreak, boot tethered, go to Cydia to get 5.1.1 untethered, and now I can use assistive touch as a replacement for that dang home button. Thank you to everyone who helped me during this frustrating time!

EDIT: NEVER MIND, I have a question. I'm still tethered on 5.1.1 only. I already downloaded ultrasn0w and Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 untethered and installed them from Cydia. But my 3GS Still isn't untethered. Anyone know why? Thanks

Edit2: I think my 3GS IS untethered, I just can't confirm it. Because I used the Force DFU IPSW I restored to, to get DFU mode, whenever I turn off my iPhone to check (still plugged in) it's in DFU mode so I can only boot tethered at this point. Should I play it safe and just keep it like this? Or is there a way to remove the DFU cycle my 3GS is in?
    Last edited by GottaLoveRice; 09-04-2012 at 10:52 PM.

Thanks

Hi, if you can power off and back on ok, use your phone and run Cydia apps, then you are untethered
    Untethered Jailbreak vs. Tethered Jailbreak vs. SemiTethered Jailbreak

When I turn my phone off (slide to power off) plugged in or not plugged in, the screen will stay black after it's "off".
    And when I plug it back in, redsn0w sees it in DFU mode. So I can just keep tethered booting which I guess could be fine, but when my 3GS is unplugged and I lock the screen for just a minute, the phone actually turns off and goes into DFU right away. So I'm basically stuck with it only available when plugged in. I installed Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 untethered from Cydia already. I'm assuming that my iPhone is like this because of the LLB file I modified to force DFU mode on the iTunes restore.

Thanks

Hi, from what i understand, (feel free to correct me anyone), once you have done that Forced DFU restore, as you are jaibroken, you need to use Redsnow to get into Pwned DFU mode and then you can either restore to a custom 5.1.1 ipsw with no baseband (as you are on 6.15.00) or use redsnow to downgrade your baseband to 05.13.04 first, then repeat the process but with stock ipsw. The forced or Enter DFU process is so you can either jailbreak or enter Pwned DFU so you can restore your firmware if you are already jaibroken and have a faulty home button.

So, what I'm getting from your post is that I should pretty much re-do this whole process? How do I go about doing this? Downgrade baseband first? And then go do ENTER_DFUNO_BB/modify the LLB file in a NO_BB ipsw 5.1.1 for force DFU? I haven't tried the ENTER_DFU ipsw in awhile because it didn't work before. The LLB one worked from a fresh stock 5.1.1. And then I can re-jailbreak and get untethered without having to worry about the DFU loop I'm currently in?

Thanks

Hi, Make a backup in iTunes, (right click backup) and a list or backup of your Cydia tweaks. Now to play safe, seeing as you are upgrading from 4.1, turn your iphone off with the usb lead plugged in first, as you say when you turn your 3GS off, Redsnow says it is in DFU mode. I would create a iOS5.1.1 "Custom IPSW" (no_BB), then click on Pwned DFU, once in that mode, you can do an iTunes (shift) restore.
    When you finally end up on 5.1.1, use your own LLB forced DFU ipsw to enter DFU mode again (power off) and this time select jailbreak, selecting tick boxes install Cydia and downgrade baseband.

Did everything you said above, so now I have the non-iPad downgraded baseband 05.something. I went to Cydia to install Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untethered. Installed, returned to Cydia, and then powered off manually. It still goes into DFU mode when its off. Is there anyway to fix this? Because currently like this, my 3GS is a slave to my computer.. lol
    and I kinda want to be able to use it when I'm NOT by the comp.. D:

Thanks

Ok, good on the baseband bit, (I don't have a 3GS to try this on, so this is just my interpretation based on my own past restore/jailbreak efforts) Now you have an original baseband, do your forced DFU trick, stick it in Pwned DFU mode and let iTunes do a normal restore. What you are aiming for is to have an unmodified and unjailbroken iOS5.1.1 3GS. Power off and back on to test all is ok. Final step, now you are on stock, would be to now do your forced DFU trick or try the Redsnow version and then Jailbreak with the install Cydia option ticked. Redsnow instructions here for Enter DFU.
    Dev-Team Blog
    If you get a black screen or iTunes error at the end of the jailbreak or itunes restore (except when using the forced/enter DFU trick) then try the Redsnow just boot or recovery fix options.
    You won't need to install RockyRacoon as the current 5.1.1 jailbreak is already untethered.
    (Feel free to correct me anyone if you know any different)
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 09-05-2012 at 06:41 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast