Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3gs

finaly got it after 3 attempts to flash the base-band its now on 05.13.04 i retryed tmobile carrier on cydia an it still errors at the end of the dowload, phone says no service now instead of searching...any ideas?
    Last edited by hackerd00d; 08-28-2012 at 06:57 AM.

have you installed ultrasn0w?

yes i have...update!!!! reinstalled ultrasn0w and it fired right up! wow!!!..thanks Haissk!! ur are the man! everything is working ims phone, gps everything!
    Last edited by hackerd00d; 08-28-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Glad that it worked.... enjoy

well i thought we had everything working seems mms works when it wants to sometimes i get them other times i dont,and ideas i looked thru cydia and didnt see anything for it

Thanks

Ref: MMS Settings. Try visiting
    Code:
    http://unlock.co.nz
    inside Safari on your iPhone, select Create APN, enter your country and carrier information. It will open a separate web tab, then open the profile.
    Tap Install and enter your passcode if your prompted and had one set on your iDevice. Once done this will install the carrier settings for Internet and MMS services.

I've only tested this with UK carrier networks so I can't vouch for their reliability on US/Europe GSM networks.

EDIT: Link made visible.
    Last edited by cyb3rduck; 09-06-2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: APN Link Editing

OK for T-Mobile USA: i used the following and its not working again
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    Note: For some iPhone unlocks you may need to use wap.voicestream.com.i tryed both... somethings not right and it was working
    Username: <Leave Blank>
    Password: <Leave Blank>

Enter the following information under the MMS section:

APN: epc.tmobile.com
    Username: <Leave Blank>
    Password: <Leave Blank>
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080 (Leave Blank for 4S)
    MMS Max Message Size: 1048576 (Leave Blank for 4S)
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

Thanks

Try a reboot of the phone.

May be worth giving T-Mobile a call, the carrier can often send your settings to you whilst your on the phone and a call center agent will talk you through the steps involved. Orange UK were awesome at resetting my connection remotely. Worth a shot.

everything was working fine..now when i hit the apple message app it opens and then closes ,wont stay loaded i redownloaded everything restarted....im ready to smash this phone!any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Can you post the iPhone 3GS serial number? I only need the first FIVE digits, please don't post the whole serial number! This will give me information as to whether you have an Old or New bootrom iPhone - this is useful information to determine your eligibility for a downgrade.

<Tech Alert>:
    It is known that installing the iPad baseband 06.15.00 on a new iPhone Serial Number: xx135 or later will brick the baseband processor chip. MuscleNerd has explained that using the iPad baseband 06.15.00 on a new NOR based (2010/2011 "late" 3GS 8GB/16GB) models will cause the Baseband Processor not to recognise the newer system RAM, causing iOS to hang during initialisation of the Baseband Radio, thus bricking the baseband processor. The emergency boot loader (EBL) does not recognise the newer RAM compatibility issue for the baseband and happily processes the modifications blindly. You can inject a new EBL but the system will by design refuse a downgrade.

What carrier was your phone originally locked to? Does your phone respond with this SIM (assuming you have it)? Do you have an IMEI, Bluetooth and Wifi address shown inside Settings > General > About?

Oh cool, glad you got it working, you can disregard the above ref the baseband. Now regarding the crashing messaging app have you tried just rebooting the phone and then trying again?
    Last edited by cyb3rduck; 09-07-2012 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Apologies mod team: system double-posted in thread

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cyb3rduck For This Useful Post:

hackerd00d (09-08-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by cyb3rduck View Post
    Can you post the iPhone 3GS serial number? I only need the first FIVE digits, please don't post the whole serial number! This will give me information as to whether you have an Old or New bootrom iPhone - this is useful information to determine your eligibility for a downgrade.

<Tech Alert>:
    It is known that installing the iPad baseband 06.15.00 on a new iPhone Serial Number: xx135 or later will brick the baseband processor chip. MuscleNerd has explained that using the iPad baseband 06.15.00 on a new NOR based (2010/2011 "late" 3GS 8GB/16GB) models will cause the Baseband Processor not to recognise the newer system RAM, causing iOS to hang during initialisation of the Baseband Radio, thus bricking the baseband processor. The emergency boot loader (EBL) does not recognise the newer RAM compatibility issue for the baseband and happily processes the modifications blindly. You can inject a new EBL but the system will by design refuse a downgrade.

What carrier was your phone originally locked to? Does your phone respond with this SIM (assuming you have it)? Do you have an IMEI, Bluetooth and Wifi address shown inside Settings > General > About?

Oh cool, glad you got it working, you can disregard the above ref the baseband. Now regarding the crashing messaging app have you tried just rebooting the phone and then trying again?
    Although xx135 was explicitly stated on the dev blog, it actually exists earlier to as early as xx128, just to be safe

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

cyb3rduck (09-08-2012), hackerd00d (09-08-2012)

iphone 3s serial 87123 5.1.1 9b206 and was down graded to 5.13.04
    jailbroke with redsn0w_win_0.9.14b was att iphone now on t-mobile

its an intermittent problem with the apple message app
    Last edited by hackerd00d; 09-08-2012 at 06:39 AM.

Thanks

Cheers EVO, I'll make a note of that!

@hackerd00d: Have you run a system restore yet on the iPhone? May be worth a try. Does the messages app intermittently crash back to the springboard? I found the reason on my iPhone was due to low memory. Try ensuring there is no other app running and attempt this again.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cyb3rduck For This Useful Post:

hackerd00d (09-08-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by cyb3rduck View Post
    Cheers EVO, I'll make a note of that!

@hackerd00d: Have you run a system restore yet on the iPhone? May be worth a try. Does the messages app intermittently crash back to the springboard? I found the reason on my iPhone was due to low memory. Try ensuring there is no other app running and attempt this again.
    no problem bud,

MMi greatly appreciates your assistance and contribution here...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

hackerd00d (09-08-2012)

Thanks

No problem, I like to help anyone out I remember how useful forums are for help when I joined Sony ClubVAIO in 2005, and eventually became their moderator. Its a great community you have here, I'm delighted to be a part of it

system restore? will this affect the jailbreak? it doesnt crash back to springboard it opens the messages then when ya hit on a recipeint it just closes again, weird part was it was working this morning then stopped again after i sent a few sms out, i can still recieve messages also i can see them when they first show up but when opened in the apple mesage app it just closes

its not being seen by itunes now how would i do a restore now?
    Last edited by hackerd00d; 09-08-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Thanks

That is odd its doing that... Running a system restore inside iTunes WILL affect the jailbreak. However as iOS 5.1.1 is the current latest operating system still vulnerable to being jailbroken you can revert to being jailbroken once again.

Before you try a system restore tap Settings > General > Reset and select Reset Network Settings. This does erase saved wireless passwords as a side effect.

CAUTION: DO NOT under any circumstances ever press 'Erase All Content and Settings' or press 'Reset All Settings' - This is fatal on a jailbroken iPhone - it erases files that are critical for the phones operation requiring a system restore.

That said if that doesn't work Sync the iPhone first to make sure you have a backup then press the Restore button in iTunes and allow it to reset the phone. Once done if you want to jailbreak use either Absinthe 2.04 or Redsn0w 0.9.14b2 to perform the jailbreak.

If possible I'd highly recommend setting it up as a new iPhone. I know that is a pain but it offers the best chance for success by making a nice fresh install with no files left over to potentially cause issues again.

Let us know the outcome. Hope you have some success.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to cyb3rduck For This Useful Post:

hackerd00d (09-08-2012)

resetting network settings didnt work when trying to sync to itunes its not recognizing it anymore, i get this iphone cannot be used because the requied software is not installed run the itunes installer to remove itunes and reinstall itunes

Thanks

OK try removing and installing iTunes again. The latest version of iTunes is 10.6.3.25 and it is very stable.

When you say iTunes isnt recognising it any more does it appear in the left hand side of the iTunes Window? Try plugging the iPhone into a different USB port as well, this sometimes fixes the problem - its due to Microsoft's laziness with the USB stack drivers that it happens IMHO lol.

If that doesn't work, try a DFU restore.
    To do this with the iPhone on and iTunes open, press the sleep/wake button down until "Slide to Power off" appears. Press and hold sleep/wake for two seconds, then immediately press and hold down Home. Keep both buttons depressed for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds release the power button but keep Home depressed. The screen will remain black.

At this moment iTunes WILL recognise your iPhone and state its in recovery mode and must be restored with iTunes. When you see this allow iTunes to do its thing and download and install iOS 5.1.1 (9B208) to your iPhone. Have any working micro-SIM handy for phone activation after and follow the iOS 5 setup wizard on the phone to complete activation and setup.

Please note that a DFU restore will wipe the iPhone, so anything not backed up to iTunes already WILL BE LOST!

Test messaging and MMS functions on your desired carrier network. Once its all working feel free to use Absinthe 2.04 or Redsn0w 0.9.14b2 to jailbreak if you so desire.

i think i got it, before i changed the apn numbers for tmobile phone an mms i downloaded a iphone delivery app from cydia, uninstalled it reset the apn stuff for phone an mms and its working again, so far! thanks again cyb3rduck! an Evo! hopefully that was it, some of those apps on cydia are garbage codes and mess up the littlest things on a jailbroken phone. didnt realy want any garbage on the phone just wanted an iphone that worked on tmobile, but cydia has so much crap on it its hard not to try new apps.lesson learned! thxs again!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast