+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: officialiphoneunlock on iPhone 4 - Do I need to restore/update after. Its not working

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I had gevey on with my iphone 4. Got tired of it not working right. Heard about officialiphoneunlock.co.uk. They recently unlocked my phone but after they did it all they
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default officialiphoneunlock on iPhone 4 - Do I need to restore/update after. Its not working
    I had gevey on with my iphone 4. Got tired of it not working right. Heard about officialiphoneunlock.co.uk. They recently unlocked my phone but after they did it all they said is "simply connect your handset to iTunes to complete the unlock." This isn't working. I installed furious mod and took out the gevey sim and restarted several times. Do I need to restore/update the phone for it to work? I am hesitant because if the unlock doesn't work, I dont want to update my baseband.

If anyone has used this before please explain what I am to do next. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 9,620 Times in 5,899 Posts

Yes you have to restore or deactivate and then re-activate it for it to complete the process.
    Here is a web site that you can check your imei to insure that it has been unlocked before you proceed with a restore.
    iPhone IMEI Checker with SIMLock Status

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I unlocked my AT&T 3GS from AT&T for less. Check my previous post at: iPhone 4 AT&T Unlock Question?

Read these instructions though:
    iPhone: About unlocking
    iOS: Understanding 'Erase All Content and Settings'

U backup, u erase the contents from the iphone and you swap the old sim to the new one!
    Hope this will help!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a couple I unlocked it with at & t 02 uk the process once you have received your confirmation email and will restore