+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk - Apple's iTunes database

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I just want to verify before I spend my $70. They say the unlock is permanent, they "simply process your IMEI within Apple's iTunes database by marking it as unlocked".
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk - Apple's iTunes database
    I just want to verify before I spend my $70. They say the unlock is permanent, they "simply process your IMEI within Apple's iTunes database by marking it as unlocked". I don't know how this works. How can they update apples itunes database. Most importantly how permanent is permanent? could apple reverse or block this at any time?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,530 Times in 5,849 Posts

It's real, factory unlocked forever. I have used a different company that does it much cheaper and have no issues at all. Search and you shall find.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,530 Times in 5,849 Posts

Make sure you use PayPal to make any payment if you can so you are protected if the unlock fails.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi there,

I am having a nightmare with this company.

I ordered 4 weeks ago and they said 3=5 days. I now get automated emails like this "We are sending them off for submission today, they will be done for Friday latest (we're hoping tomorrow however)." I get these every few days.

They will not respond to emails and upon searching on line I've found a good few more unhappy people. I have also found a facebook page that has just been set up https://www.facebook.com/Officialiph...eyBackGuaranty

As writing this, I have just had another email from them "OfficialiPhoneUnlock: Hi Phil - they're being done next week." This is going on and on, something tells me that I have been duped.

I will update if anything happens, but my feeling is this is a con!

Best of luck,

Phil

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quick update,

Email from them after I twittered and facebooked them to respond.

"No-one's orange france have been done, we are trying to find a reliable supplier for these who will do them, we are onto this as a priority"

So, it looks like they have been lying all this time about it being submitted!!

I'll keep you posted.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

apip99 nice post, this is the same opinion i have about them! seems they are only unlocking ATT but it seems ))

Thanks

Sorry to hear your having issues. I agree on the communication front however, they didn't and still havent responded to my emails either. The did successfully unlock my iPhone 4 with Orange UK but I wasn't notified that I was unlocked. I tried another SIM and it just started to work normally.

Did you use Paypal like Blkcadi recommended? I used that and my credit card for protection. I'd be most curious to see what the update to this is. I hope they can get you unlocked soon!

Thanks
    Thanked 14,805 Times in 6,884 Posts

Here is my experience with them. Take it how you want.
    I have used them well over 20 times for various carriers. All the ATT unlocks I did with them were completed. I have had successful O2UK, Vodaphone UK, Three UK, Rogers Canada just to name a few. Basically how I think it works is they have sources within the various carriers that submits these IMEI's to be unlocked. Now these sources come an go, so when they lose a source they have to negotiate with that carrier again to get another one. ATT right now is the most stable of these as can be seen by a quick google or twitter search that literally tons of people are offering ATT unlocks right now. Other carriers are less stable. So when using a different carrier option be aware that their sources can come and go at anytime so patience is needed.
    Everytime they have been unable to get the unlock done for me (maybe 4-5 times now) I have received a full refund. They are a legit company and can get the job done or will refund if they cannot. The problem is they deal with literally thousands of people who are extremely impatient and keep hounding them when sometimes all they can do is wait for their source to get the unlock done or not and if not try to find another one.

Hopefully this will clear some things up for people.

@igeorges you have in multiple threads now "bashed" this company as being scammers and untrustworthy. Unless you can provide some hard proof it stops now. Just going around saying those things without any info to backup your statements will not be tolerated here.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

cyb3rduck (09-08-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Do not use this page: officialiphoneunlock.co.uk. You will not get the money back if they can't unlock your phone. Even if they promise it.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,805 Times in 6,884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sweborn View Post
    Do not use this page: officialiphoneunlock.co.uk. You will not get the money back if they can't unlock your phone. Even if they promise it.
    I have got a few refunds from them for unlocks they weren't able to do for me. Their communication skills leave a lot to be desired but they will refund you if they cannot get an unlock done.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

When i tried them for the first time for softbank japan, nothing happens, and i got a refund in full. but when they announced that it came back online, i ordered again, but for a higher price. until now, im waiting.. its been 3 weeks since then.. i will update you guys when the magic happens

At 11 day, my status been changed to "submitted", now its my 15th day, from the day my IMEI was submitted.. im really hoping ill get my unlock this time..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

...and they gave me a refund yesterday, according to them, its because theyre only unlocking 8 GB and 16 GB, and im on 32 GB iphone 4, WTF? Seriously? Why does memory size matter??.. i just dont get it .. oh maybe they just pretending that they can unlock Japan softbank.. it is just wrong to lie to "potential customers"..

Anyways, if you know some trustworthy unlocking service that can unlock Softbank, let me know.. Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Let me share with my experience. I paid 109 pounds with hope to unlock my iphone (sprint). They committed to do it in 3-5 business days. It took them full 3 weeks to come back and tell me it is not possible claiming the unlock code is not available in itunes database. They also wrote that it is not possible and they will issue full refund. Then after a week I got another email sayying that they cannot refund and asked me to pay additional 40 pounds to unlock it. I realized that this is just fraud and refused to pay and asked refund. They did not issue refund and they did not answer my emails. They simple took the money and rub away. This can happen with anyone who is using their service, my advise is simply ignore their offer try to find another option, they will just stole your money ...
    Last edited by Sadik05; 12-16-2012 at 03:42 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This page is fraud. It might work for some people, but that doesn't mean it isn't fraud (in fact, if they manage a few easy unlocks, for instance AT&T, they can have some supporters that will deny that it is fraud).

I tried unlocking an iPhone 4S from Orange, Spain, which is VERY difficult to unlock, but they offered the service. They removed the service two days after my order, and I asked for a refund. They answered I would be refunded within four days. Up to now, everything was ok.

The refund never arrived. I sent them two emails after three weeks of waiting asking about information on the refund, and they never answered, so I went to my bank to initiate the chargeback.

When they received notification of the chargeback, instead of apologizing, or finalizing the refund, they sent me an email full of menaces. Is that they way they work? They also asked me to stop the chargeback process. Well, they could have done the refund, you know...

So, DON'T TRUST THESE GUYS. By the way, I notified the police of the UK, so I'm taking VERY seriously this affair. They could say they forgot to refund (really??? Come on...), but then if I logically ask for a chargeback, they shouldn't threaten me by email.

Very nice, guys.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeneleven View Post
    ...and they gave me a refund yesterday, according to them, its because theyre only unlocking 8 GB and 16 GB, and im on 32 GB iphone 4, WTF? Seriously? Why does memory size matter??.. i just dont get it .. oh maybe they just pretending that they can unlock Japan softbank.. it is just wrong to lie to "potential customers"..

Anyways, if you know some trustworthy unlocking service that can unlock Softbank, let me know.. Thanks
    In this case, yes size matter. Only for Softbank.
    As you can see on my site unlock.senseiphone.com there are various softbank products, 16, 32, and 64 GB.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexVaq View Post
    This page is fraud. It might work for some people, but that doesn't mean it isn't fraud (in fact, if they manage a few easy unlocks, for instance AT&T, they can have some supporters that will deny that it is fraud).

I tried unlocking an iPhone 4S from Orange, Spain, which is VERY difficult to unlock, but they offered the service. They removed the service two days after my order, and I asked for a refund. They answered I would be refunded within four days. Up to now, everything was ok.

The refund never arrived. I sent them two emails after three weeks of waiting asking about information on the refund, and they never answered, so I went to my bank to initiate the chargeback.

When they received notification of the chargeback, instead of apologizing, or finalizing the refund, they sent me an email full of menaces. Is that they way they work? They also asked me to stop the chargeback process. Well, they could have done the refund, you know...

So, DON'T TRUST THESE GUYS. By the way, I notified the police of the UK, so I'm taking VERY seriously this affair. They could say they forgot to refund (really??? Come on...), but then if I logically ask for a chargeback, they shouldn't threaten me by email.

Very nice, guys.
    No one can do Orange Spain so far, as far as I know.
    Contact me to "factory unlock" any iPhone!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hello.I got same problem, I full paid them for unlock my Iphone 4 s, locked to softbank Japan 12 dec 2012.Status till now imei submited to server.So I sent them many emails, they ignore me,asked to refund money, and nothing, they not answerd.So , please tell me did they unlocked your softbank phone? If not, did they return money to you? Thank you very much

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this is scam web site