Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking my iphone with at&t question

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey blkcadi, can you link me to the unlock service that you used and referred Abdu to? I clicked on the link, and it just doesn't work anymore. And also, do you guys know anything of the seller 'theunlockclub' for these unlocks?

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydodo3 View Post
    Hey blkcadi, can you link me to the unlock service that you used and referred Abdu to? I clicked on the link, and it just doesn't work anymore. And also, do you guys know anything of the seller 'theunlockclub' for these unlocks?
    here is the site bud:
    items in UnlockFusion store on eBay!

but remember it has to be an AT&T phone to be unlockable, if its an international iphone, they wont be able to unlock it

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

monkeydodo3 (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 Times in 6,153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    here is the site bud:
    items in UnlockFusion store on eBay!

but remember it has to be an AT&T phone to be unlockable, if its an international iphone, they wont be able to unlock it
    Correct-a-moon-do.

Green Apple
    Thanks

My iPhone 4 is with AT&T. Can they still unlock it if this is a replaced iPhone 4? I activated it at the store and when I check its IMEI, it shows up with the same warranty expiration date as my old iPhone.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Can't see why they couldn't.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

monkeydodo3 (09-07-2012)

Thanks

My iPhone 4 is with AT&T. Can they still unlock it if this is a replaced iPhone 4? I activated it at the store and when I check its IMEI, it shows up with the same warranty expiration date as my old iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Can't see why they couldn't.
    Yes sir, they can do it no problem.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

monkeydodo3 (09-07-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Yes sir, they can do it no problem.
    If that's the case, I'll get an unlock from the Unlock Fusion store on eBay as soon as I get paid . About how long does it take to get the unlock from them?

Thanks

If that's the case, I'll get an unlock from the Unlock Fusion store on eBay as soon as I get paid . About how long does it take to get the unlock from them?
    Within 24 hours, but I have had them send the confirmation within an hour also. They claim 24 hours or less.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Oh that's really good then. Also, is there any place online to buy a cut micro SIM for T-mobile that comes with the original plastic of a normal SIM because sometimes I'll have to switch my SIM around from my iPhone to my oldschool Razr since I lend my phone to my parents sometimes. I want to be able to switch back and forth from a micro SIM to a normal SIM, and I don't think the adapter will fit in the Razr.

Thanks

Oh that's really good then. Also, is there any place online to buy a cut micro SIM for T-mobile that comes with the original plastic of a normal SIM because sometimes I'll have to switch my SIM around from my iPhone to my oldschool Razr since I lend my phone to my parents sometimes. I want to be able to switch back and forth from a micro SIM to a normal SIM, and I don't think the adapter will fit in the Razr.
    Yes sir, it comes with 2 adapters too.
    Amazon.com: Micro SIM Cutter, Converter with 2 SIM adapters: Computers & Accessories

dont do what I do by outlining an AT&T micro-sim on a T-Mobile sim, then using a razor blade to press down real hard on the T-Mobile sim and pray that your fingers dont slip

but then again, it was a pay-as-you go T-Mobile sim and really needed it at the time for testing

Thanks
    Thanked 15,504 Times in 7,091 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    dont do what I do by outlining an AT&T micro-sim on a T-Mobile sim, then using a razor blade to press down real hard on the T-Mobile sim and pray that your fingers dont slip

but then again, it was a pay-as-you go T-Mobile sim and really needed it at the time for testing
    I did my first few the manual way. Got pretty good at it too lol. Then I got a micro sim cutter and said never manually doing it again

Green Apple
    Thanks

Do the micro SIM cutters really cut that accurately? I've only been unsure of using one because T-mobile SIMs generally have bigger contacts than usual. And does anyone know how I could get a new SIM from T-mobile? I have one with service atm, but I've had that same SIM since 2005 and the contacts on it are even bigger than the ones on a more modern one.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,504 Times in 7,091 Posts

Yes, they cut accurately. Regardless of how big the gold contact part is. As long as the three rectangular sections in the middle are not cut the sim will work.
    I am sure you can always just go to tmobile and get a new micro sim from them if you want though.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks

Your just paying more money for the same thing just cause it says T-Mo. The one I linked to works awesome, and I love that it has the adapters so if you want to use the sim you cut in a 3Gs or another phone that requires a full size sim, your golden and you saved money. But, your call.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I did my first few the manual way. Got pretty good at it too lol. Then I got a micro sim cutter and said never manually doing it again
    Ditto, I did mine first the same way, then I bought the cutter.

Green Apple
    Thanks

-e0d36.jpg

I think the contact is too big even if I cut it myself, and that I'd end up cutting a part of it off if I did. Besides, it's only 2 bucks more so not that much of a problem.. hopefully
    Last edited by monkeydodo3; 09-08-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Thanks

I tried once with a sharp stanley knife and slipped - the result wasnt pretty - cut more of myself than the SIM lol. These cutters are excellent, and a damn sight better than manually trimming with scissors - ruined many a good SIM without a SIM cutter lol!!!

Thanks

-e0d36.jpg

I think the contact is too big even if I cut it myself, and that I'd end up cutting a part of it off if I did. Besides, it's only 2 bucks more so not that much of a problem.. hopefully
    Agree, the cutter makes it mistake free. The blued out area you have on the one sim is not the correct way to trim it anyway, you kinda center it.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

cyb3rduck (09-08-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Agree, the cutter makes it mistake free. The blued out area you have on the one sim is not the correct way to trim it anyway, you kinda center it.
    Those SIM's are regular size SIM's, not micro SIM's. Was just comparing the size of the contacts on the T-mobile one to the AT&T one I have. Any idea as to why the price of the services keep dropping?
    Factory Unlock Code Service for AT&T USA Apple iPhone 3 3G 3GS 4 4S Permanent | eBay

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123