Results 1 to 12 of 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: simfree iphone 4s with lock sim? how it can be? need advice

  1. #1
    Default simfree iphone 4s with lock sim? how it can be? need advice
    Good day
    I have a simfree iPhone 4s from the US.
    i'm sure it's simfree because i moved a lot from cell phone company.
    i got yesterday a new galaxy s3 from work and i hate this android what can i say...so i took the simcard out of the galaxy s3 and insert it into the iphone... i had a reception for a while and i also did some calls from it. But this morning i turned on the iphone and had "no service" even after i took out the sim and insert it again/ did on,off - nothing.
    I called a friend from work and he told me that they lock the simcard to specific phone i got...but as i told you i could make a calls yesterday.
    Is there a way to fix this and to unlock the sim? Or to do something with the phone? I think they done it only to make us buy the phone from this specific company.

  2. #2
    Someone?

  3. #3
    H4CK3R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Posts
    5,844
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 268 Times in 256 Posts

    What baseband are you on?
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

  4. #4
    I'm on 5.1.1 firmware, my modem is 2.0.12
    But the phone is simfree
    The guys in the cellphone company told me today they put on the simcard the phone imei so it will only work with this specific phone.
    But there's sometimes reception

  5. #5
    what you can do is use this website (perfectly safe):
    iPhone IMEI Checker with SIMLock Status

    this will allow you to check whether your iphone 4s is currently locked or not

  6. #6
    The phone is factory unlocked
    The problem is with the simcard that's locked to specific phone

  7. #7
    So you would like to unlock SIM card to be used on another phone,

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by james341 View Post
    The phone is factory unlocked
    The problem is with the simcard that's locked to specific phone
    if you are sure the phone is factory unlocked the issue is with the sim card

    you need to call the sim card carrier and ask why its not working on your factory unlocked iphone

  9. #9
    Yes - they did lock the simcard for use only with the galaxy s3 I got from them. They told me they lock the simcard for use only with specific imei.
    When I insert the simcard now to the I phone I get a message from the cellphone company that because I replaced phones the network services will stop

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by james341 View Post
    Yes - they did lock the simcard for use only with the galaxy s3 I got from them. They told me they lock the simcard for use only with specific imei.
    When I insert the simcard now to the I phone I get a message from the cellphone company that because I replaced phones the network services will stop
    well there you go, its the carrier thats the issue

  11. #11
    Yes I know it and this is why I'm asking here for solution because in the cell company told me it's there rule to lock the simcard to specific phone

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by james341 View Post
    Yes I know it and this is why I'm asking here for solution because in the cell company told me it's there rule to lock the simcard to specific phone
    There is no solution that anyone here can assist you with

    You have to talk to that sim's carrier to have them unlock that sim card, if they won't, then there's nothing you can do about it

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •