Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T unlock service

Default AT&T unlock service
    Does anyone know if recently AT&T will unlock your iPhone 4 without proof of purchase?
    I have an iPhone 4 that was bought off craigslist, imei in good standing, I have an AT&T gophone account

I've read cases where people tried calling AT&T multiple times back in april in order to get their iPhone's unlocked but it's been months and was wondering if it still works to keep calling them until you get unlocked

Well, you can try, nothing to lose there

I've already called once and they said I need proof of purchase
    I dont wanna call again if it doesnt work, what if they say why am I calling them again when they already denied me

Ok, you don't have a proof of purchase, but you have an AT&T account.
    Call again (other person will answer your call anyway) and try to get a case no.

as mentioned above, you dont need receipt of the purchased iphone, but you DO need to have a current AT&T acct, because that's one of the first things they will ask you when you request an unlock

also the person that was previously associated with the phone you want to unlock also needs to be a previous AT&T member (but does not currently need to be), and the acct must have been in good standing

The person I bought it from on craigslist was an AT&T member
    I have a current AT&T prepaid account
    Account is in good standing

The person I was talking to on the phone I believe did make me a case number, but then asks for proof of purchase but I didn't have since I bought off craigslist

Should I try calling again and hope for another person? or does everyone REQUIRE proof of purchase or no unlock

If you know the persons full name that you got from then that is enough
    just say i got it from former AT&T user since he upgraded to a new phone and i want an unlock code for this... they will do it in flash

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

What you can do is to subscribe to ATNT just for one month and when your account is setup, call them for unlock of this iphone 4. I did this on my Fido and they told me and since the original owner is no longer with Fido, they have to call up apple to IMEI unlock the phone by ticking the option Unlock in their system.

After waiting and speaking to them regarding this unlock for about half an hour, they ticked the system for unlock under my IMEI and asked me to do a restore and it unlocked right away.
    Last edited by iYeow; 08-16-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Hi I've unlocked 2 Iphone 4s within the past month using AT&T.
    What I did was, I asked my friend for their old AT&T information. Then all you need to do is call AT&T's International Care and simply wait on the line until a representative pick up. First thing they will always ask you is your AT&T wireless/mobile number, can be old or current, doesn't really matter. Then the full name of the account's holder. And the last 4 digits of their social security number. That's all you really need, don't have to tell them a story on how you got your iphone, just tell them you simply want to unlock it. If they question you whether or not this phone was previously with that account, then just say yes. Most of the time if you get a guy who asks a lot of question, it's best to just say thank you, hang up and try again. Eventually you'll get someone who doesn't care as much and just hook you up with a case number. Once you get a case number it takes around 3-5 days to process. Not sure if weekends makes it longer since I waited weekends for both of mine.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JaysonPD View Post
    Hi I've unlocked 2 Iphone 4s within the past month using AT&T.
    What I did was, I asked my friend for their old AT&T information. Then all you need to do is call AT&T's International Care and simply wait on the line until a representative pick up. First thing they will always ask you is your AT&T wireless/mobile number, can be old or current, doesn't really matter. Then the full name of the account's holder. And the last 4 digits of their social security number. That's all you really need, don't have to tell them a story on how you got your iphone, just tell them you simply want to unlock it. If they question you whether or not this phone was previously with that account, then just say yes. Most of the time if you get a guy who asks a lot of question, it's best to just say thank you, hang up and try again. Eventually you'll get someone who doesn't care as much and just hook you up with a case number. Once you get a case number it takes around 3-5 days to process. Not sure if weekends makes it longer since I waited weekends for both of mine.

Hope this helps!
    It was different for me, they asked me for all the information you said and they also asked me where I bought it, and a lot more. They ended up not unlocking it for me after like an hour in their chat. Maybe calling them is better then using their chat.

Yes I would agree that calling is a lot more efficient than using the chat

I almost got my 4s under contract almost unlocked but couldn't because the Apple servers saw that it was still under contract

Hey, I also tried using my friends at&t account and I got to the point where I give the guy the imei number. So he put in the system but he said he got an error and it doesn't say why. And then he said it can't be unlocked but he said it doesn't say why!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,185 Times in 6,202 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abdu07 View Post
    Hey, I also tried using my friends at&t account and I got to the point where I give the guy the imei number. So he put in the system but he said he got an error and it doesn't say why. And then he said it can't be unlocked but he said it doesn't say why!
    If you like, send me a PM and I will give you a company that I have used that unlocks for $19.25
    It worked for me on a phone that was bought off craigs and was still under contract and had a $1000 balance on the account. Worked and had it unlocked in less then 24 hours.