+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it too late for me?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, I want to ask if there is still a chance for me to revert to older baseband on iPhone 4. Yesterday my aunt gave me hers because she doesn't
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Is it too late for me?
    Hi, I want to ask if there is still a chance for me to revert to older baseband on iPhone 4. Yesterday my aunt gave me hers because she doesn't use it. But she had set passcode which she forgot, also the phone is locked for at&t. I googled on how to bypass the passcode, and the solution was to upgrade it to the last version of the iOS through iTunes. I did that because I am used to always update to the newest version of software. So I tought everything was ok, until I got to the problem of hacktivating the phone. As I was reading articles about hacktivating and jailbreak and then unlock, I understood what a terrible mistake I have made. So now I am running iOS 5.1.1 I think and with the newest baseband probably. Is there a way If I revert to iOS 4 for example to revert the baseband and then unlock the phone? Or any other way to unlock the phone?
    Greetings from Bulgaria

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Welcome to the forum and sorry to say iPhone 4 cannot downgrade the baseband. That's just for 3G and 3GS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes, I just can't stop swearing on my stupidity. Do u know if it will be able to unlock the phone in the near future, or should I pay for the unlock?

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

You can get them unlocked, but it's very costly. I doubt an unlock is coming anytime soon, but I'm not a fortune teller So your only hope right now is some of those IMEI unlocks.

BUT, was your aunt a former or an existing AT&T customer?
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Existing I think. Why?

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Good then. AT&T does do IMEI unlocks for their customers if you desire it.... Just call them. Their number is 800-331-0500. Just have to tell them your aunt's account details and they should hopefully unlock it for you. You can also login to your account here and request it to be unlocked: https://www.att.com/olam/passthrough...Type=ContactUs
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to H4CK3R For This Useful Post:

hoohoop (09-07-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me bbrks's Avatar
    Thanks

Than you can contact AT&T and get unlock for free, provided all obligations from the contract are fulfilled.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

hoohoop (09-07-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

But she didn't bought the phone. She found it, and since nobody looked for it, the phone was returned to my aunt, but she never used it. I had at&t sim in it though. And she is a customer of at&t. Will they unlock it in this situation?

2k1
    Thanks

Yes they may unlock it for her. Give
    Them a call and see

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

hoohoop (09-07-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, I will update the thread after we contact them.

2k1
    Thanks

Aight let us know.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, since I am not a customer of at&t I had to find someone to request an unlock for me, which took me a while. However I found a guy who did the request and the ppl at at&t were kind enough to unlock the phone. They sent me instructions, on how to unlock which was basicly, backup and restore the device. This however confused me a little. I backed up, and restored the backup, but whats the point of doing this? Nothing happened. I didn't get confirmation message in iTunes that I have successfully unlocked the phone. I wonder if I have to do a factory restore, but since I am jailbroken and I have just finished customizing the phone I don't want to do this if it is not nessesary. So can u give me some advice. Do u know if I have to do the factory restore, and if yes, is there a way to backup the current customized state of the phone so I can easily go back after the unlock. Thanks, and sorry for the late update on this.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,772 Times in 6,869 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hoohoop View Post
    Ok, since I am not a customer of at&t I had to find someone to request an unlock for me, which took me a while. However I found a guy who did the request and the ppl at at&t were kind enough to unlock the phone. They sent me instructions, on how to unlock which was basicly, backup and restore the device. This however confused me a little. I backed up, and restored the backup, but whats the point of doing this? Nothing happened. I didn't get confirmation message in iTunes that I have successfully unlocked the phone. I wonder if I have to do a factory restore, but since I am jailbroken and I have just finished customizing the phone I don't want to do this if it is not nessesary. So can u give me some advice. Do u know if I have to do the factory restore, and if yes, is there a way to backup the current customized state of the phone so I can easily go back after the unlock. Thanks, and sorry for the late update on this.
    Put a sim other than ATT in it and connect to itunes. No need to restore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks, I'm gonna buy one these days. I will update the thread then.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, I just purchased a new sim but cannot get it working. It says "No service" in the left corner of notification bar. I connected it to iTunes but nothing happened. What is happening? What should I do. The phone is hacktivated, not activated the normal way. Is this a problem and if so how do I resolve it? Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It was because the phone was hacktivated. I de-activated it with SAM and when then connected to itunes, the process of unlocking and activation was successful. Thank to all who helped me.