+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: paid contract out early-fido won't unlock 3gs

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
First of all, just want to say thanks for this forum. Have read many, many many forums and sites and videos...I think you all understand. Folks here seem very helpful.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default paid contract out early-fido won't unlock 3gs
    First of all, just want to say thanks for this forum. Have read many, many many forums and sites and videos...I think you all understand. Folks here seem very helpful. Just don't know where to turn any more...
    As stated above, need to unlock from Fido to Rogers. Would have been happy to pay for unlock...I was just being lazy. However, this is not a possibility any longer.
    Phone is a 3gs 5.1.1 with 5.16.05 and NOW has 5.13.04, downgraded from 16.05. I used Absinthe 2.0.4 to jailbreak on XP pc. Didn't intend to unlock it myself at this point. Worked great.
    Then many days later, after finding out about effing Fido, used Redsnow, for 16.05, on win7, worked great. Used Redsn0w again to downgrade to 5.13.04 then ultrasn0w fixer, then ultrasn0w 1.2.7. At this point, it is NO SERVICE.
    Absolutely baffled as to what to do next. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Ultrasn0w and mobsubstrate. It says invaild sim when I put in a Rogers sim.
    Really if anyone can help, it would be much appreciated. I am so frustrated.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,640 Posts

You don't need Ultrasn0w fixer as Ultrasn0w Version 1.2.7 will unlock IOS 5.1.1 with 05.13.04 baseband.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

queenodawoild (08-02-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Are you suggesting that I remove the fixer and run Ultrasn0w again?

EVO
    Thanks

uninstalling the fixer is not really necessary

the updated ultrasn0w is meant to make it easier for people new to unlocking, so they do not have to download 2 things

but since you are having issues, here's what I suggest you do, but cant guarantee it will work (let's just hope so ):

Restore back to a STOCK 5.1.1 which will update your baseband to 05.15.04, then use redsn0w again to jailbreak ONLY by only checking the Install Cydia checkbox, once its jailbroken, use redsn0w again to ONLY install the ipad baseband

then install ultrasn0w from cydia and see if it picks the signal on the ipad baseband

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So just for the halibut, I did uninstall the fixer. It worked! Picked up the Rogers network. I can't say thank you enough. Its been more than interesting learning about all of this. Again thank you for the tip!

EVO
    Thanks

Awesome!

I'm glad Yeow suggested an easier method

8. The Following User Says Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

queenodawoild (08-03-2012)