Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading iPhone Than Jailbreak

Default Upgrading iPhone Than Jailbreak
    Hey modmyi folks,

I have a question which I searched google and this forum for but didn't really understand and find a proper solution to the problem...

Anyways my problem is I have an iPhone 4 and I am currently running 4.3.5 and the phone was originally from UK and my aunt brought it for me to India and I bought a gevery SIM Slot to unlock it without jailbreaking and the original card slot holder apparently is lost... My question is that I want to upgrade to iOS 5 and then jailbreak and unlock it to mess around with the phone using Cydia and also get iCloud. Is it possible for me to upgrade to the iOS and then jailbreak it and then use the gevey SIM that I currently use for acting as an unlocker for the iOS 5? Or do I have to buy a replacement original card holder and unlock through Cydia to use it? Please help me as soon as possible!

Thanks for taking a look at the thread,

-Dhvanil

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

What you need to do is to restore to custom firmware of 5.1.1 and purchase a Gevey Sim to unlock it. Snowbreeze from iH8sn0w.com or Redsn0w from http://blog.iphone-dev.org/ can help you create one.

Well that means that I can't use my current Gevey Sim to unlock it right? It HAS to be a new one?

What baseband are you on now?
    When you do the custom IPSW upgrade, just make sure that the baseband is max 4.10.01. That is the highest baseband on i4, that can be unlocked with Gevey Ultra.
    The higher basebands 4.11 and 4.12 can not be unlocked, so be careful.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dhvanil View Post
    Well that means that I can't use my current Gevey Sim to unlock it right? It HAS to be a new one?
    You can as long as you preserve your 4.3.5 baseband.

Well, there's only one way to find out huh.. :P