+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 need unlock method approach please

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have an Iphone 4 on 5.11 with Modem firmware 4.12.01. This phone was originally activated in the Philippines to then brought to the US and was used here on
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Iphone 4 need unlock method approach please
    I have an Iphone 4 on 5.11 with Modem firmware 4.12.01. This phone was originally activated in the Philippines to then brought to the US and was used here on AT&t. I am attempting to use it here in the US with my ATT GoPhone SIM but iTunes throws the SIM not recognized error wanting the original SIM from the carrier to whom it was originally locked--very typical message.

I think there may be a way using Redsn0w (latest version) to make a custom IPSW that contains the activate option, then restore it in itunes using the custom IPSW.

Could someone please help me with these steps making the custom software above in Redsn0w containing the activate element. If this method won't work for this phone with the current IOS and modem firmware, is a Gevey Ultra the only option?

Much thanks indeed for you input.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You can't unlock 4.12.01

You can only unlock iPhone 4 if you have 1.59.00 preserving baseband and using ultrasn0w.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to alexcaro For This Useful Post:

X242 (07-25-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me bbrks's Avatar
    Thanks

Not quite, BB 4.10.08 can also be unlocked with Gevey, but that's all. BB 4.11 and 4.12 can not be unlocked. Sorry

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

X242 (07-25-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for the bad news but I sort of thought that after posting this, I bothered to read the "Read This First" post that clearly indicates that I am up S*** creek. Crap. I guess I will have to wait for some one to come up with a work-around.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by X242 View Post
    Thanks for the bad news but I sort of thought that after posting this, I bothered to read the "Read This First" post that clearly indicates that I am up S*** creek. Crap. I guess I will have to wait for some one to come up with a work-around.
    the "only" way it can be unlocked is via unlocking service online or request an unlock from the phillipines provider (assuming its locked to that carrier)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You could buy a sim from straight talks website and pop that in there. It's better then gophone because data works and you don't need to be unlocked. I'm doing this right now.
    http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...ht_Talk_iPhone

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

Stick to one thread don't double post.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daftperception View Post
    You could buy a sim from straight talks website and pop that in there. It's better then gophone because data works and you don't need to be unlocked. I'm doing this right now.
    http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...ht_Talk_iPhone
    That won't solve the problem since it was originally activated with another carrier in the Philippines, requires that SIM only to operate.