Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey Ultra S iPhone 4s 5.1.1 GSM Constant Searching and Successfully Unlocked Loop

Question Gevey Ultra S iPhone 4s 5.1.1 GSM Constant Searching and Successfully Unlocked Loop
    Hello,

First time poster, but have been reading through much of the great advice supplied.

I am having some problems unlocking with the Gevey Ultra S Sim.

I have an iPhone 4s, 5.1.1, 2.0.12, GSM, is locked to Bell Mobility in Canada and I am trying to unlock it to Taiwan Mobile in Taiwan.

I Get the "Successfully Unlocked, ver. 1.62" message, and then searching for the network in a constant loop.

Sometimes it will catch the network, strong(4 bars) for a couple seconds, then quickly down to a single bar, but will only hold it for less than 30 seconds, and then begin searching for a network again. About every 5 minutes the "Successfully Unlocked" message reappears to Accept or Cancel and the loop continues--been going on for many hours now.

Once in a while it will reboot for re-activation, but if I remove the SIM it skips out of the activation back to the springboard.

Under the "Settings--About--Carrier" it constantly switches between "Bell 12.0" and "Taiwan Mobile 12.0"

When the network connects for that brief period, I do get the "Cellular Data Network" tab in the "Network Settings", but when the signal is lost the "Cellular Data Network" tab quickly disappears too.

I have rebooted and restored the iphone many times, including a complete restore. Currently the phone is unlocked through the latest absinthe.

Any advice or suggestions would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks kindly,

Jim

it is possible that you may have a defective gevey

request a new one from the supplier

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

BuchanBull (07-22-2012)

Thanks very much, I will try that most certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by BuchanBull View Post
    Thanks very much, I will try that most certainly.
    good luck bud!

hope everyone goes well for you....