+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey Ultra S iPhone 4s 5.1.1 GSM Constant Searching and Successfully Unlocked Loop

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello, First time poster, but have been reading through much of the great advice supplied. I am having some problems unlocking with the Gevey Ultra S Sim. I have an
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Gevey Ultra S iPhone 4s 5.1.1 GSM Constant Searching and Successfully Unlocked Loop
    Hello,

First time poster, but have been reading through much of the great advice supplied.

I am having some problems unlocking with the Gevey Ultra S Sim.

I have an iPhone 4s, 5.1.1, 2.0.12, GSM, is locked to Bell Mobility in Canada and I am trying to unlock it to Taiwan Mobile in Taiwan.

I Get the "Successfully Unlocked, ver. 1.62" message, and then searching for the network in a constant loop.

Sometimes it will catch the network, strong(4 bars) for a couple seconds, then quickly down to a single bar, but will only hold it for less than 30 seconds, and then begin searching for a network again. About every 5 minutes the "Successfully Unlocked" message reappears to Accept or Cancel and the loop continues--been going on for many hours now.

Once in a while it will reboot for re-activation, but if I remove the SIM it skips out of the activation back to the springboard.

Under the "Settings--About--Carrier" it constantly switches between "Bell 12.0" and "Taiwan Mobile 12.0"

When the network connects for that brief period, I do get the "Cellular Data Network" tab in the "Network Settings", but when the signal is lost the "Cellular Data Network" tab quickly disappears too.

I have rebooted and restored the iphone many times, including a complete restore. Currently the phone is unlocked through the latest absinthe.

Any advice or suggestions would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks kindly,

Jim

EVO
    Thanks

it is possible that you may have a defective gevey

request a new one from the supplier

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

BuchanBull (07-22-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks very much, I will try that most certainly.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BuchanBull View Post
    Thanks very much, I will try that most certainly.
    good luck bud!

hope everyone goes well for you....