+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey Ultra S iPhone 4S to Activate AND Unlock?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So I will be receiving a brand new locked (AT&T) phone from my brother in a few days. This phone is not registered, activated, unlocked. It's literally out of the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Gevey Ultra S iPhone 4S to Activate AND Unlock?
    So I will be receiving a brand new locked (AT&T) phone from my brother in a few days. This phone is not registered, activated, unlocked. It's literally out of the box with a seal. I do not have an AT&T sim card. I'm currently a T-Mobile customer with a full-sized T-Mobile sim.

I have a few questions:
    1. Would I need to cut the T-Mobile sim, since the description of the gevey says "No SIM Card Cutting or Physical Modifications" If anything, should I go get a microsim from T-Mo instead of cutting it myself?
    2. Would it activate the iPhone from scratch, like during the set up, does the T-mo sim need to have data?
    3. How will I know what firmware the iPhone is on before getting past set up? I guess it's not important
    4. How do I get all the proper things to work like Facetime, iMessage, etc.? I've surfed around the net and everyone gives a different solution and it's really overwhelming and confusing.

TL;DR: Will Gevey Ultra S activate AND unlock out-of-box iPhone 4S (to work on T-Mobile)?
    Last edited by Explosive; 07-17-2012 at 04:46 AM.

EVO
    Thanks

1. Yes you should buy a professional cut sim from T-Mobile to avoid any issues with the improper cutting.
    2. The T-Mobile does not need to be on a data plan, BUT you need an AT&T sim card to activate it first, the gevey will not activate your phone.
    3. The baseband (I'm assuming you're referring to) is not pertinent as the gevey ultra s will work with latest baseband.
    4. Not familiar with that, you might want to look at this link [Tutorial] How to activate iMessage/FaceTime officially on T-Mobile US (using phone #) or iMessage THE FIX !! Works on 4s and 4. 5.0.1 T-Mobile

Once again, the gevey will NOT activate, for that you need the AT&T sim

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

Explosive (07-17-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    1. Yes you should buy a professional cut sim from T-Mobile to avoid any issues with the improper cutting.
    2. The T-Mobile does not need to be on a data plan, BUT you need an AT&T sim card to activate it first, the gevey will not activate your phone.
    3. The baseband (I'm assuming you're referring to) is not pertinent as the gevey ultra s will work with latest baseband.
    4. Not familiar with that, you might want to look at this link [Tutorial] How to activate iMessage/FaceTime officially on T-Mobile US (using phone #) or iMessage THE FIX !! Works on 4s and 4. 5.0.1 T-Mobile

Once again, the gevey will NOT activate, for that you need the AT&T sim
    Does the AT&T sim have to be connected with the phone, because I won't be able to get the ORIGINAL sim card of the phone. Or will any inactivated AT&T sim card work? Is there a guide to activating the phone with an AT&T sim card? I tried searching Gevey and nothing

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Explosive View Post
    Does the AT&T sim have to be connected with the phone, because I won't be able to get the ORIGINAL sim card of the phone. Or will any inactivated AT&T sim card work? Is there a guide to activating the phone with an AT&T sim card? I tried searching Gevey and nothing
    the sim does not need to have an original sim, it just needs any AT&T sim (activated or not), but it must be a microsim, not one of those regular bigger sims

6. The Following User Says Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

Explosive (07-18-2012)