Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What carrier is my iphone 4s?

Default What carrier is my iphone 4s?
    I have an iphone 4s i purchased off of ebay but do not know the carrier, i do however have details about serial and mobile subscriber network code, model number imei and all that jazz, please give feedback. (the phone is factory locked and wont work without a sim, i just want to activate and use as an ipod.

Quote Originally Posted by oshiomah View Post
    I have an iphone 4s i purchased off of ebay but do not know the carrier, i do however have details about serial and mobile subscriber network code, model number imei and all that jazz, please give feedback. (the phone is factory locked and wont work without a sim, i just want to activate and use as an ipod.
    U can check the details at sim-unlock.net ...

Omg thank you so much this helped a lot, also I learned it is from phillipines, globe network to activate do I just use a globe micro sim card?

Omg thank you so much this helped a lot, also I learned it is from phillipines, globe network to activate do I just use a globe micro sim card?
    with a 4s you would need to have the official sim card to activate it, meaning the sim card which the phone is locked to

The carrier is globe (phillipines) so this is who the phone is locked to, could I buy a prepaid globe sim and use my micro sim cutter to cut it and use it to activate my 4s? I just want to use it as an ipod

The carrier is globe (phillipines) so this is who the phone is locked to, could I buy a prepaid globe sim and use my micro sim cutter to cut it and use it to activate my 4s? I just want to use it as an ipod
    no, you would have to obtain one from the phillipines provider thats its locked to to activate it

Your misunderstanding me the provider ( the company the phone is locked too) is Globe, can I use any globe sim to activate my phone. Just like can I use any AT&T sim to activate an AT&T locked phone

Your misunderstanding me the provider ( the company the phone is locked too) is Globe, can I use any globe sim to activate my phone. Just like can I use any AT&T sim to activate an AT&T locked phone
    I apologize for that.

Yes you should be able to activate it using a Globe sim then

Note: Be sure to not post any duplicate threads on the same issue
    Last edited by EVO; 07-17-2012 at 02:42 PM.