+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey Ultra S issues - not sure if sim or Gevey is good

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have an iphone 4s, locked to AT&T. I'm running ios 5.1.1 with 2.0.12 modem firmware. I am traveling to London soon and bought a Gevey Ultra S. My friend
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Gevey Ultra S issues - not sure if sim or Gevey is good
    I have an iphone 4s, locked to AT&T. I'm running ios 5.1.1 with 2.0.12 modem firmware.

I am traveling to London soon and bought a Gevey Ultra S. My friend gave me his Orange paygo sim he bought when he was in London just a few weeks ago. I can login and see that it is valid, has not expired, and still has credit on the sim.

I've gone through all the Gevey tutorials without any luck. Where I end up is with No Sim showing on my phone.

Briefly, here are the steps I've tried:

1. Restore phone
    2. Insert Gevey with reset sim
    3. Chosen AT&T then eject card immediately
    4. Insert Gevey with Orange sim
    5. Rebooted phone then waited.

What happens is it goes into Searching then about a min later it says "No SIM".

I've modified the steps above according to Gevey's instructions where I don't choose AT&T (in order to reset the Gevey) then insert the Gevey with my AT&T sim in order to program the Gevey that way. Same result. I've waited 15 mins or longer and still No SIM.

My questions are:

1. Should I even be able to get signal with my Orange sim here in the US? According to Orange's website, I should roam here just fine.

2. Gevey claims getting a new sim will solve 50% of issues. True or are they edited?

3. Any chance I have a bad Gevey? Any way to tell?

Thanks!
    Last edited by EVO; 07-16-2012 at 01:33 AM.

EVO
    Thanks

it is possible that the sim card you're trying to unlock is too old

it is also possible you received a bad gevey or bad reset sim

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwalther420 View Post
    I have an iphone 4s, locked to AT&T. I'm running ios 5.1.1 with 2.0.12 modem firmware.

I am traveling to London soon and bought a Gevey Ultra S. My friend gave me his Orange paygo sim he bought when he was in London just a few weeks ago. I can login and see that it is valid, has not expired, and still has credit on the sim.

I've gone through all the Gevey tutorials without any luck. Where I end up is with No Sim showing on my phone.

Briefly, here are the steps I've tried:

1. Restore phone
    2. Insert Gevey with reset sim
    3. Chosen AT&T then eject card immediately
    4. Insert Gevey with Orange sim
    5. Rebooted phone then waited.

What happens is it goes into Searching then about a min later it says "No SIM".

I've modified the steps above according to Gevey's instructions where I don't choose AT&T (in order to reset the Gevey) then insert the Gevey with my AT&T sim in order to program the Gevey that way. Same result. I've waited 15 mins or longer and still No SIM.

My questions are:

1. Should I even be able to get signal with my Orange sim here in the US? According to Orange's website, I should roam here just fine.

2. Gevey claims getting a new sim will solve 50% of issues. True or are they edited?

3. Any chance I have a bad Gevey? Any way to tell?

Thanks!
    Why r u wasting Ur money on gevey ultra sim when u can get Ur iphone4s unlocked from ATT???

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Santoshrok View Post
    Why r u wasting Ur money on gevey ultra sim when u can get Ur iphone4s unlocked from ATT???
    you CANNOT unlocked an iphone that is still currently in contract with ATT, which is assumed since he has a 4s locked to ATT

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    you CANNOT unlocked an iphone that is still currently in contract with ATT, which is assumed since he has a 4s locked to ATT
    Correct. AT&T will not unlock an iphone that is currently under a subsidized contract - in other words while you're still paying off the subsidy they give you when you buy the iphone. I've called and asked numerous times hoping I could get a nice person to do it but no.