Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
07-14-2012, 05:16 PM #1Gevey Ultra S issues - not sure if sim or Gevey is good
I have an iphone 4s, locked to AT&T. I'm running ios 5.1.1 with 2.0.12 modem firmware.
I am traveling to London soon and bought a Gevey Ultra S. My friend gave me his Orange paygo sim he bought when he was in London just a few weeks ago. I can login and see that it is valid, has not expired, and still has credit on the sim.
I've gone through all the Gevey tutorials without any luck. Where I end up is with No Sim showing on my phone.
Briefly, here are the steps I've tried:
1. Restore phone
2. Insert Gevey with reset sim
3. Chosen AT&T then eject card immediately
4. Insert Gevey with Orange sim
5. Rebooted phone then waited.
What happens is it goes into Searching then about a min later it says "No SIM".
I've modified the steps above according to Gevey's instructions where I don't choose AT&T (in order to reset the Gevey) then insert the Gevey with my AT&T sim in order to program the Gevey that way. Same result. I've waited 15 mins or longer and still No SIM.
My questions are:
1. Should I even be able to get signal with my Orange sim here in the US? According to Orange's website, I should roam here just fine.
2. Gevey claims getting a new sim will solve 50% of issues. True or are they edited?
3. Any chance I have a bad Gevey? Any way to tell?
Last edited by EVO; 07-16-2012 at 02:33 AM.
07-16-2012, 02:36 AM #2
07-16-2012, 03:23 AM #3
07-16-2012, 03:28 AM #4
07-16-2012, 08:33 AM #5