Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey Ultra S issues - not sure if sim or Gevey is good

Default Gevey Ultra S issues - not sure if sim or Gevey is good
    I have an iphone 4s, locked to AT&T. I'm running ios 5.1.1 with 2.0.12 modem firmware.

I am traveling to London soon and bought a Gevey Ultra S. My friend gave me his Orange paygo sim he bought when he was in London just a few weeks ago. I can login and see that it is valid, has not expired, and still has credit on the sim.

I've gone through all the Gevey tutorials without any luck. Where I end up is with No Sim showing on my phone.

Briefly, here are the steps I've tried:

1. Restore phone
    2. Insert Gevey with reset sim
    3. Chosen AT&T then eject card immediately
    4. Insert Gevey with Orange sim
    5. Rebooted phone then waited.

What happens is it goes into Searching then about a min later it says "No SIM".

I've modified the steps above according to Gevey's instructions where I don't choose AT&T (in order to reset the Gevey) then insert the Gevey with my AT&T sim in order to program the Gevey that way. Same result. I've waited 15 mins or longer and still No SIM.

My questions are:

1. Should I even be able to get signal with my Orange sim here in the US? According to Orange's website, I should roam here just fine.

2. Gevey claims getting a new sim will solve 50% of issues. True or are they edited?

3. Any chance I have a bad Gevey? Any way to tell?

Thanks!
    Last edited by EVO; 07-16-2012 at 01:33 AM.

it is possible that the sim card you're trying to unlock is too old

it is also possible you received a bad gevey or bad reset sim

Quote Originally Posted by jwalther420 View Post
    I have an iphone 4s, locked to AT&T. I'm running ios 5.1.1 with 2.0.12 modem firmware.

I am traveling to London soon and bought a Gevey Ultra S. My friend gave me his Orange paygo sim he bought when he was in London just a few weeks ago. I can login and see that it is valid, has not expired, and still has credit on the sim.

I've gone through all the Gevey tutorials without any luck. Where I end up is with No Sim showing on my phone.

Briefly, here are the steps I've tried:

1. Restore phone
    2. Insert Gevey with reset sim
    3. Chosen AT&T then eject card immediately
    4. Insert Gevey with Orange sim
    5. Rebooted phone then waited.

What happens is it goes into Searching then about a min later it says "No SIM".

I've modified the steps above according to Gevey's instructions where I don't choose AT&T (in order to reset the Gevey) then insert the Gevey with my AT&T sim in order to program the Gevey that way. Same result. I've waited 15 mins or longer and still No SIM.

My questions are:

1. Should I even be able to get signal with my Orange sim here in the US? According to Orange's website, I should roam here just fine.

2. Gevey claims getting a new sim will solve 50% of issues. True or are they edited?

3. Any chance I have a bad Gevey? Any way to tell?

Thanks!
    Why r u wasting Ur money on gevey ultra sim when u can get Ur iphone4s unlocked from ATT???

Quote Originally Posted by Santoshrok View Post
    Why r u wasting Ur money on gevey ultra sim when u can get Ur iphone4s unlocked from ATT???
    you CANNOT unlocked an iphone that is still currently in contract with ATT, which is assumed since he has a 4s locked to ATT

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    you CANNOT unlocked an iphone that is still currently in contract with ATT, which is assumed since he has a 4s locked to ATT
    Correct. AT&T will not unlock an iphone that is currently under a subsidized contract - in other words while you're still paying off the subsidy they give you when you buy the iphone. I've called and asked numerous times hoping I could get a nice person to do it but no.